Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

God I Ache

Tuffers

My first day using my trolley WFP. My shoulders, neck and back are killing me. What a game I had. Tripping up the hose, explaining to customers that this is the best thing since sliced bread etc. Oh, and don't get me started on the amount of water I used, had to keep refilling my jerry cans. Earnt what I normally do though.

Tomorrow is another day as they say /emoticons/smile.png

My first day using my trolley WFP. My shoulders, neck and back are killing me. What a game I had. Tripping up the hose, explaining to customers that this is the best thing since sliced bread etc. Oh, and don't get me started on the amount of water I used, had to keep refilling my jerry cans. Earnt what I normally do though.

Tomorrow is another day as they say /emoticons/smile.png
This will sound stupid, but you'll be holding the pole wrong. When i first started I used to ache after about 10 windows..... no we go all day without issues. It wasnt until I went into a local shop to buy a new pole and told the guy i was aching, he took me outside and showed me who to hold it correctly so there's no stress on your body..... It makes a MASSIVE difference..... was going to try and explain but know i'll get muddled...... will look for a vid to see if there's anything out there..... but trust me, its all about posture

Is there any chance you can van mount the trolly and attach a hose real,, this will be far easier for you, trollys are hard to move around an dont suit all work but are fantastic on others, what i would recommend you do is to buy a backpack and strap it on a sack barrow for the smaller or more awkward houses, it will be far easier to move around a will clean around one standerd counsel house... also the pole makes a massive diffence, the more carbon fibre the content the more ridgid and workable the pole will be causing you much less stree than the heavy carbon fibre ones, i use clx and supermax from gardiners range, however also like the look of those they sell at the waterfed pole company

Lugging containers of water about doesn't help either /emoticons/biggrin.png I soon stopped using a trolley system and went van mount which is far much easier on the body. /emoticons/wink.png

Now just use me pf trolley static in the van with the inlet attached to the van tank. Got myself a 100 m microbore hose and reel. Job done!

This will sound stupid, but you'll be holding the pole wrong. When i first started I used to ache after about 10 windows..... no we go all day without issues. It wasnt until I went into a local shop to buy a new pole and told the guy i was aching, he took me outside and showed me who to hold it correctly so there's no stress on your body..... It makes a MASSIVE difference..... was going to try and explain but know i'll get muddled...... will look for a vid to see if there's anything out there..... but trust me, its all about posture
I seen a video about this, It wasent about how you held the pole though it was about how you moved when cleaning it. He sort or rocked back and forward

I seen a video about this, It wasent about how you held the pole though it was about how you moved when cleaning it. He sort or rocked back and forward
Yip, thats what i was told...... as *** as it sounds, the bloke said you've got to dance with the pole! (Not YMCA style though!!)

Me this time next week, ha
popeye-5342.jpg

BTW I got an Unger 27' fibre glas pole. Gotta get a carbon mix one when funds allow. Using my car atm, Mrs says get a van. What's insurance like compared to a car?

A Vauxhall Vectra. It's a work horse that will be scrapped when I've eventually killed it lol. Mind I can get the trolley, di vessel and 6x 25L containers and my bucket etc in the boot. The pole and 'A' frame ladder go across the seats plus my ladder on the roof. I think I abuse my car /emoticons/smile.png

Me this time next week, ha
popeye-5342.jpg

BTW I got an Unger 27' fibre glas pole. Gotta get a carbon mix one when funds allow. Using my car atm, Mrs says get a van. What's insurance like compared to a car?
I use to have 1ltr VW lupo. It cost me 1.3k to insure. I now have a 2 ltre turbo diesel van and it costs 1.1k

Cant get my head round it

Cant beat van mount /emoticons/tongue.png plus ull get sick of carrying the trolley about... i found it very annoying ! olol

Ditto... but at least your not risking your neck having to go up ladders so best stick with the trolley for now until you can get a van sorted. /emoticons/wink.png

I pay about the same insurance as I did for a car I scrapped off about £230. Mind you I'm an old fart and bought an older but tidy berlingo van so price was very resonable I thought.

Back