Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water Getting In Between Double Glazed Units

Tuffers

Phoned a customer to pre-warn her I'll be round tomorrow. She said that last time I went water had got in between one of the glass units and that it took days to dry out. The house is 8 years old. The units are sealed and a vacuum is present in double glazing. I'll have a close look tomorrow.

Anyone else had this?

yes, had this twice in 1 day last month one of my bi-monthly said exatcly the same thing water got between the glass and took days to dry out i wont say what the other said as it wasnt that pleasant, the seals go on the windows after a while and when you use the reach wash the inevitable happens, seen this happen many times over the years traditional cleaning though only difference is the water doesnt get trapped but condensation definalty does!

Not happened to me yet but guess some may try it on already knowing it's a blown sealed dg unit.

i have it inside a window which never gets cleaned as it is totally inaccessable without scaffolding on my house and it has to be a faulty window unit/seal. alot of poor quality windows and frames have been used on building estates in my local town over the last 10 to 15 years, its almost like 1 in 5 has sub standard windows and frames, the sort of thing you notice with long runs of houses on the same estates. Some of the windows look terrible compared to the others.

i get that its the seals gone, when cold water hits the warm glass condensation can form inside the glass, i call it misting up but im sure theres a fancy name for it

Back