Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice Please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

seye

Hi Folks,

In with my round I clean some take aways and restraunts, I find it very hard to get greese of windows particuarly in take aways where heat carries greese straight onto windows. I wanted to know what method you folks use get greese of windows.

Cheers Si

Try soaking up the insides first, leave it while you do the outsides, then re-soak the insides and clean. The extra time the soap gets on the window should break up the grease a bit more and make it easier.

I have tried that it helps but maybe I'm just to parnikity but I wanted it to be better than it was.

when you clean the insides after given the window some soak time, squeegee in straight pulls rather than fanning with you squeegee and that will reduce streaks a bit more. I have had a job like that before and they can be quite bad. Not much else you can do.

Thanks Laddergarder you know whats its like its hard leaving a window when your not 100% happy with it, but I did make a point of saying to the customer just to cover myself.

What about using one of those ettore porcupine applicator sleeves.......people on the forum seem to be suggesting that they are good at cutting through grime......that combined with all the suggestions in this post should help.

Maybe use some Virosol mixed with your detergent as it's a de-greaser?
Tuffers, thanks for the heads up on viro sol, I got in touch with clover chemicals who put me in touch with a local supplier so pick up a 5 ltr barrel tomorrow. when mixed with water can you put it in a small spray bottle and what sort of water chemical mix do you think.?

Cheers Si

I use about 1 part Virosol to 10 parts water in my bucket and dunk my brush in with the water turned off when cleaning uPVC. HTH :thumbsup:

Back