Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1 In 4

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Posh

When I bought my grippa ladder I asked the guy how far you can have your ladder tilted & he said use as 1 in 4 as its limit. Anyone know what that means. RC lol

was told along time ago the easy way to judge if the ladder is set at approx to 1-4 at any height is put your toes against the foot of the ladder whilst standing upright then stretch both arms out parallel toward the rung of the ladder. Then If set properly the rung should be touching the palm of your hands....

Is that correct chaps for those that have been on ladder training?

was told along time ago the easy way to judge if the ladder is set at approx to 1-4 at any height is put your toes against the foot of the ladder whilst standing upright then stretch both arms out parallel toward the rung of the ladder. Then If set properly the rung should be touching you fingertips....

Is that correct chaps for those that have been on ladder training?
with my ladder training they never said that, only problem with that is that people might just lean a little bit and that wouldnt work, diffrent hights of people to, the rungs might not meet there finger tips so the just ben arms little to make it touch,

A good rough guide tho. Saves time getting the tape measure out or carrying a 3ft kid around to measure it lol. Will remember that smurf coz think that a pretty good idea.

Found the same tip with a pic on the web if anyone is interested

FH03SEP_EXTLAD_02.JPG

Photo 1: Set the ladder angle

Set your ladder at the correct angle. Put your toes against the ladder's feet. Stand straight up and extend your arms. The palms of your hands should just reach the ladder's rung.

Found the same tip with a pic on the web if anyone is interested

FH03SEP_EXTLAD_02.JPG

Photo 1: Set the ladder angle

Set your ladder at the correct angle. Put your toes against the ladder's feet. Stand straight up and extend your arms. The palms of your hands should just reach the ladder's rung.
To me that fella has the ladder too far out, especially as it's on decking/wood. I'd move it in slightly. Saying that I've nearly come off with it being near vertical sometimes /emoticons/biggrin.png

From experiance just looking at the angle can tell without seeing the height of the ladder is which by the way is set at 1 in 4 /emoticons/wink.png

Unlike these numpties /emoticons/biggrin.png

resi%20website%20services%202.JPG

From experiance just looking at the angle can tell without seeing the height of the ladder is which by the way is set at 1 in 4 /emoticons/wink.png

i'll take ur word for it! lol yer that pic is great!! thats on a companies website to advertising them!

Name & shame I say http://www.mpwreside...co.uk/services/

The best bit they also advertise they do wfp. Go figure /emoticons/ohmy.png

Also if you see the scrolling images in the website header you will see one with two lads to the left of the building one up a ladder & the other under him. Surely the ladder on that angle doesn't look safe either :rolleyes:

Name & shame I say http://www.mpwreside...co.uk/services/

The best bit they also advertise they do wfp. Go figure /emoticons/ohmy.png

Also if you see the scrolling images in the website header you will see one with two lads to the left of the building one up a ladder & the other under him. Surely the ladder on that angle doesn't look safe either :rolleyes:
yer thats true, and they are a member of the safe contractor approved scheme! lol

lol, theres nothing wrong with that pic, the ladder is footed......cue H&S warfare, wheres my hard hat!

He is the other pic I was on about.... both pics are accidents waiting to happen I would say.

window-cleaners-london-bucks.jpg.scaled500.jpg

yh the 2nd pic is definitely dangerous, but i do use the ladder as in the 1st pic, as long as its footed by someone/a wall/the car its not going to go anywhere

Back