Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shutting off with hot water

• Thread starter Stayclearwindowcleaning
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Stayclearwindowcleaning

Used my hot water system and the HD reel for the first time today and it was brilliant. Only issue I have is when I shut my water off using that univalve the The boiler gets to 75c and then cuts out but I've got to reset it then by hand it will get to 75c before the pump shuts off any help guys. Thanks

A friend whom is a plumber explained to me that the shower / heater units do not turn of 'instantly' when you hit off.

When you turn it off the flow stops a second or two after as this allows cool water to run over the heating element and cool it.

With a Univalve this does not happen so the safety kicks in and yo have to wait to reset.

More suited to One Shot controllers than UniValves.

A friend whom is a plumber explained to me that the shower / heater units do not turn of 'instantly' when you hit off.
When you turn it off the flow stops a second or two after as this allows cool water to run over the heating element and cool it.

With a Univalve this does not happen so the safety kicks in and yo have to wait to reset.

More suited to One Shot controllers than UniValves.
Thanks green pro I have got so use to using the univalves Gutted it won't work properly with it

Same here. That's why i'm running cold as much as poss.
It was lovely using the hot today the bird s**t just flew off definitely see the difference cleaning with hot but I don't know what I like the best hot or univalve lol.

Gonna have to wire in my one shot and live with it.
Had the 1 shot in my last van never really got on with it always waving my hands in the air trying to make it work

Green pro clean ltd got the univalve to work with the heater today. The first day useing it I was using 3m jets and had the pressure turned up a little bit more Then what I would 2m jets. Put the 2m back in with a lower pressure and works a treat with the univalve

Latest Posts

Back