Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dilema

WCF

Help Support WCF:

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

What sort of things should you look for in an employee?

What thing should one be aware of when employing someone?

Next part - Its got to the stage where Im going to need to take someone on. You all know how it is, you get people asking your for a job all the time, friends family etc. Well I do anyway I allways turn them away because I never had the work or they werent what I was looking for (I dont even know what that is )

Now Im looking for someone and cant seem to find the right person??

I have one person in mind, hes good worker but over 50 with no driving licence and hes starting to get aches every where legs, arms etc lol.

He would be no good with a pressure washer I tell yeh. lol

I would put an add in the job centre. You will get plenty of responses.

When interviewing, I just look for someone who is polite, comes across well. But mainly has a good employment history, which shows someone who is hardworking and sticks jobs out long term.

One thing I always do, is ask then about two jobs from their CV and why they left.

Have an employment contract written up, and I would also recommend you agree that they work flexible hours, due to constraints with the weather. Give then say 20 hours to start, and give them a trial period, where you can judge whether or not they are going to work at a reasonable pace for you.

it is hit and miss, i have had 2 great one, but rest except 1 where idiots, last lad i had in was over 40, only worked when he was skint, and was slow, but ok, decided to go back on own and keep the money for my self

I agree blue I stay well clear of employing ppl myself....far too much hassle for what it's worth.

I agree blue I stay well clear of employing ppl myself....far too much hassle for what it's worth.
You can only do so much work your self though. If your happy working away your self then that cool I suppose.

I plan on employing a few people as I get busyer. I can cover more work, which leads to more money. /emoticons/smile.png

Simples sub the work out then if you plan to go national /emoticons/wink.png

You can only do so much work your self though. If your happy working away your self then that cool I suppose.

I plan on employing a few people as I get busyer. I can cover more work, which leads to more money. /emoticons/smile.png

I know both are just as bad /emoticons/biggrin.png
I would say subing work out is way more complicated. Theres to much can go wrong in my opinion. You could easily get screwed over and what happens when the contractor starts ''losing'' customers?

Get a family member if possible cos stleast u can trust them /emoticons/smile.png plus u know them etc and its money going in to your own family members pocket

Still maintain you don't need an accountant. What he/she saves you you put in there pocket. It's so easy to do your own figures.

When it comes to running a payroll for employees I would highly recommend you get an accountant involved. They can offer you training if you want to do it yourself, but at least you then know what you're doing.

Employing people is not too complicated, plenty of business large and small have staff. In any business they are the heart of the operation, so choosing the right person is very important. For me, its worth the hassle and I will likely employ more staff in the future. Its good knowing that if the worst happens and you can't work, you have a team that you can trust, out there making a little money for you.

Still maintain you don't need an accountant. What he/she saves you you put in there pocket. It's so easy to do your own figures.
I probably could I just dont want to, its not all about figures either theres payroll, capital gains, tax retunrs, expenses, what's tax deductible not to mention advice. Im happy paying for someone to do this. I dont need to worry about it at all

When it comes to running a payroll for employees I would highly recommend you get an accountant involved. They can offer you training if you want to do it yourself, but at least you then know what you're doing.

Employing people is not too complicated, plenty of business large and small have staff. In any business they are the heart of the operation, so choosing the right person is very important. For me, its worth the hassle and I will likely employ more staff in the future. Its good knowing that if the worst happens and you can't work, you have a team that you can trust, out there making a little money for you.
I couldnt agree more. At least you can take normal holidays without worrying about falling behind or no money coming in

Another question,

Ive had alot, I mean alot of friends ask for the job I have going. I turned them all away. Except one lad, now there al citching at me saying I though we were friends etc.

Correct me if Im wrong here but I basicly didnt look at anyone as a friend. I looked who would be more valuable as an employee.

What I went for was driving licence

Experience

How often they go out at weekends (this ment them being less than 100% on a Monday morning)

Reliability

What would you have done?

mark i would of done same thing as u mate /emoticons/smile.png plus i wouldnt hire friends to work for me cos they expect to much trust me /emoticons/smile.png advertise on gumtree mate /emoticons/smile.png/emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back