Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wiring Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wilgold

Hi everyone I am a complete novice when it comes to stuff like this.

I need to extend my pos and neg connections from my varistream to my battery. What wire should I use? On the wire it says its 18awg and on the varistream website it says when extending it up to 2m use 18awg wire. However I've been down to halfords and they only sell wire by the amp rating? Please can someone help!!!!

Thanks

Hi everyone I am a complete novice when it comes to stuff like this. I need to extend my pos and neg connections from my varistream to my battery. What wire should I use? On the wire it says its 18awg and on the varistream website it says when extending it up to 2m use 18awg wire. However I've been down to halfords and they only sell wire by the amp rating? Please can someone help!!!! Thanks

1.276E-03

first part is 18 awg,,, last 2 in table are amps 16 is free air 10 enclosed. (conversion so you can buy in amps)

So your saying 18awg is 10amp enclosed wire?

RC you use 8 amp and its ok? All halfords sell is 8,17 &27amp

So your saying 18awg is 10amp enclosed wire? RC you use 8 amp and its ok? All halfords sell is 8,17 &27amp
yer not had a problem with anything i have wired up with it, no blown fuse's not heating of wires.

Back