Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rainwater harvesting

David K

im a happy rainwater harvester as we get a lot of rain over here:) , how many of you do it too !? Or planning to make a setup ?

We just had 3-4 hours of rain This evening and it brougt me 300 L ,12 PPM free water ! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
its rainy is it ? im pleased to hear that. my [horrible] in laws live there [in Denmark] now

im still waiting for the opportunity to tell them the useful phrase you once told me David K

- aed lort

[eat ****]

I saw a friends setup, looked the business...he had four water butts lined up so by the time the water got to the fourth butt the water had settled three times...I'd be interested to see what the TDS is but I don't have a meter.

THought id share this dream iv had it over and over

one evening i get the phone call ,its trevor in denmark

hallo jon, can you help us.weve nobody else to turn to. the locals have done us over good and proper -weve lost the lot, horses,house,even our blinkin passports . we are in hiding,living under a piece of plastic high up in a forest thats full of ticks

wot can i do?

call the consulate, home office,even the newspaper back home, will you do it now jon ?

aed lort trevor...... aed lort

View attachment 7499

I saw a friends setup, looked the business...he had four water butts lined up so by the time the water got to the fourth butt the water had settled three times...I'd be interested to see what the TDS is but I don't have a meter.
Well ! Thats a good idea ! I Got inspired by " polznblades" youtube videos . But i only have have a 1000 L IBC tank with a pipe where ive put my wifes nylons at the end . My tds is 12 . :thumbsup:

THought id share this dream iv had it over and over
one evening i get the phone call ,its trevor in denmark

hallo jon, can you help us.weve nobody else to turn to. the locals have done us over good and proper -weve lost the lot, horses,house,even our blinkin passports . we are in hiding,living under a piece of plastic high up in a forest thats full of ticks

wot can i do?

call the consulate, home office,even the newspaper back home, will you do it now jon ?

aed lort trevor...... aed lort
/emoticons/biggrin.png:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cant be bothered with harvesting myself when a set of pre filters are only £14 every 3 months. Each to their own etc etc
Its only the cost of water that bothers me . It will cost me around 18-19 pounds to get 1000 L RO water . Whats your prices ?

I wouldt buy my water either . It only the production cost im talking about . But it all depends on where you live too , we have some space around Our house , and personally , 12 PPM free water is too good to miss in my yard . /emoticons/smile.png

iv got a water barrel out back only 200ltrs I use the water for

the backpack (only use it on a few jobs at mo), but im interested /looking to harvest more .

View attachment 10662Well ! Thats a good idea ! I Got inspired by " polznblades" youtube videos . But i only have have a 1000 L IBC tank with a pipe where ive put my wifes nylons at the end . My tds is 12 . :thumbsup:
now that's what I want lol

View attachment 10662Well ! Thats a good idea ! I Got inspired by " polznblades" youtube videos . But i only have have a 1000 L IBC tank with a pipe where ive put my wifes nylons at the end . My tds is 12 . :thumbsup:
Bob's set up is cool

Never has to produce his own pure

Just run it through a small di

Exactly /emoticons/wink.png! I have a 11 L DI in van . Before the reel . Ive just adjusted it Yesterday so i Can get even more off my roof . Guessing 50% increase . Of course with 1000 L i May have to produce during dry seasons

Its a cheap setup . Got the tank for removing it at a factory . The rest cost about 30 pounds , dont know the Price of wifeys nylons though ! :rofl:

iv got a water barrel out back only 200ltrs I use the water forthe backpack (only use it on a few jobs at mo), but im interested /looking to harvest more .

now that's what I want lol
a

Back