Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Losing Water Pressure

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Decker

Hi guys,

Im losing pressure during the day . Some times its fine other times it goes down to a dribble. Ive changed the couplings from the reel to the hose and that seems fine and have just ordered some new eze snap couplings for the hose to pole connection. Anything else it could be or should this solve the problem ?? cheers in advance for advice /emoticons/smile.png)

Were the couplings leaking or were you sucking in air? I would think it isn't the couplings if you haven't seen either. Could be a blocked strainer. Dying battery. Are you getting low battery signals? Do you use a water saving device like a trigger or aquadaptor? Valves can become sticky which blocks flow. Or your stop valve in your hose?

Best thing is to break the system down by half. So think of the system as a line. Split the line in the middle. Say at the output of the pump. Do you get good watwr pressure here? If yes then put the hose reel on but not the pole. How is the pressure. If no then go before the pump. It's called the 50/50 split method of fault finding. You keep splitting the system down until you find your fault.

Were the couplings leaking or were you sucking in air? I would think it isn't the couplings if you haven't seen either. Could be a blocked strainer. Dying battery. Are you getting low battery signals? Do you use a water saving device like a trigger or aquadaptor? Valves can become sticky which blocks flow. Or your stop valve in your hose?
Best thing is to break the system down by half. So think of the system as a line. Split the line in the middle. Say at the output of the pump. Do you get good watwr pressure here? If yes then put the hose reel on but not the pole. How is the pressure. If no then go before the pump. It's called the 50/50 split method of fault finding. You keep splitting the system down until you find your fault.
Well said Luke.

I would also unroll the hose and lay it out straight and see if that helps. Sometimes they kink. Repressurise the pipe and roll it in layering it properly on the hose reel.

If using a digital controller has the dead end stop been set properly as may just need increasing a bit. I use to get a simular issue when air got into the system like disconecting the hose reel, tank gets low etc but still could be a number of things you need to check.

Smurf reminds me, your digital controller could be faulty or in need of calibration. A high resistance wire on the output or input could be causing a low voltage to the pump. This will make you think your battery is knackered. Seen a few people replace batteries only to find out it was never the problem. If the shut off calibration of the digital controller is out that can mimic low pressure too.

My coupling is leaking on my pole hose so its probably that i hope. I have good pressure when i connect eze snap , water shoots out then can fall off a bit. not getting any unusual readings on my pressure in the tank.

Back