Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack Alternative......Alternative

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimmyboots

This is a follow on to the Backpack alternative. I know that the more you spend on this , the more you have to start looking a just buying a Backpack, but, if your like me and love messing around getting creative, then its worth it.

So I decided to buy this for £15.99 to play around with.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131108135523?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I like this big 20L design with the handle NOT on the lid.

Now I made this without documenting how I did it as I went along so heres the pics explaining for those interested.

Using the box made in this thread

http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/homemade-alternative-to-backpack.11995/

So that box with this Backpack come to around £55

drill a hole into the metal pipe and thread microbore through.

Cut inlet thread at the top, widen the hole and thread microbore pipe down through the casing to the bottom of the container.

Discard outer casing of the down pipe and cut the end off the inner casing to get microbore through

Cut slots out of the sprayer base with a Stanley knife so it fits around the pup box and put 'stops in the screw holes in the box so the sprayer doesn't slide around any

Clip the pole hose through th gap in the lid and just loop any excess around the top.

That's about it. I like the fact that the feed into the sprayer is separate to the water filling part so the pipe can stay in at all times when refilling. It is also comfortable to carry due to the shape.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another great idea Jimmy :thumbsup:.

And while the price may be creeping up a little....

I reckon home-made B/Packs will still be better quality/value than the cheaply made expensive China TAT which is available to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good:thumbsup:

However could you have not just drilled a hole in the top of the spayer to put a fitting on for the feed instead?

That way you would have the best of both as it would still function as a pump sprayer too if/when required.

Smurf, you probably could but I just wanted to use the pump box with the microbore already on, plus I liked the idea of feeding the microbore up that metal pipe which is normally only used as a manual pump. But yes you might be able to do it while preserving its original use. Certainly worth playing with for the price. /emoticons/smile.png

Nice one. You remind me off my uncle barry who can make anything out of various bits n bobs n works. You need to write a book, i'll buy it as long as its signed.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2

Back