Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Boy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Harvey86

Hi guys just starting in the window cleaning game and I'm about to set my van up for wfp so I thought I would ask you guys if you've got any tips before I start putting everything in the van. I have a Citroen dispatch/500liter tank/pump and controller (on the way) and 19 liter di vessel (on the way) just need to get minibore hose and pole. Any suggestions on anything would be a help thanks

With winter just around the corner, you need to to start thinking about insulation of your gear.

If anything freezes up, and water supply fails, your not going to be able to clean any windows.

Theres a recent thread on here with winter tipps for wfp.

Good luck with your new business.

dont over do your equipment!!!

i recently went through my van and found i had countless things i hadnt used for donkeys!!

the neater you can keep your van the easier your day to day life is :Image3:

I too have a Citroen Dispatch with a flat 500L tank. Does yours have a bulkhead and is it ply lined? Have you got the tank in yet? My tank fits width ways behind the bulkhead and is snug to the ply lining. It's a game to get it in the space as you have to kind of turn it up and over on itself. It can be done if you already haven't.

Try and do some work through the winter, survive it and Bob's ya uncle ;-)

Thanks guys. Little question for you do you recommend using a di just after your pump?
A 500L tank should be ample for a days work (I use about 400L in about 8 hours). I fill my tank with pure. No need to carry a di.

i use my d.i in the van (after the pump) but it depends on your preference.

i do it, just so i'm 100% sure that the water coming out of the pole is 000tds. (i kept finding that my static tank had bits in it that was ever so slightly raising the tds before i transferred it over, probably my fault thought i ought to clean it more often!!)

others just put the pure into there van tank, to each there own, do what you thinks best for you!

Thanks for advice. No the tanks not in yet. Will it be ok still to use the di after the pump before the hose or will I run into problems?

Back