Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rainy Days and Employees

Greener

Hi All :)

Firstly not 100% sure where to put this post so @Green Pro Clean Ltd if this isnt the right place please could you put where appropriate? thank you.

So Im looking to expand at the start of March and employ a guy to work with me for a short while and then eventually put in into another van ect. Ive started putting together a contract of employment and was wondering what those of you who employ somebody do on the rare occasion you might get rained off i.e regarding pay? I know some of you may choose to work through when its continuous heavy rain but this is something I have chosen not to do.

Thanks in advance Greener

pay them if you want to keep its that simple , remember they have bills as well and a moaning wife with kids too feed , as a family he will want to know whats comeing in every week

what I do is say to them if they get rained off two days in a week then work a saterday morning for free 9-2pm ,to make it up abit my guys understand that we need to make £ to pay there wages

pay them if you want to keep its that simple , remember they have bills as well and a moaning wife with kids too feed , as a family he will want to know whats comeing in every week
what I do is say to them if they get rained off two days in a week then work a saterday morning for free 9-2pm ,to make it up abit my guys understand that we need to make £ to pay there wages
Thanks for your reply @noddy :)

more important then that is tell them NO personal phones to be switched on during work time , there not there to go on facebook or talk **** to the mates ,

if anybody needs to get hold of them desperately then that person will have to ring to office like the good old days , trust me your need to stamp on this befoure they work for you

more important then that is tell them NO personal phones to be switched on during work time , there not there to go on facebook or talk **** to the mates ,
if anybody needs to get hold of them desperately then that person will have to ring to office like the good old days , trust me your need to stamp on this befoure they work for you
Spot on noddy.

My mate has 2 lads working for him , he ended up having a blow up with them about their mobiles , he does a lot of trad , one of these lads had the ladder on one shoulder and the bucket hanging from his thumb with same arm !

But more important his freehand holding the mobile PMSL !

I only employ two days a week. Told him from interview if rained off got to make time up. He's fine with it understands if not working not earning.

Could you do 0 hours contract but guarantee a minimum per week. It's what I'm thinking once I can put his hours up.

Back