the correct attire!

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by charlie tapper, Feb 29, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. charlie tapper

Aug 18, 2011
    is the correct attire t shirt , adidas tracky bottoms and sambas ?!

i no its good to look professional in uniform etc i have got one, but for domestic wat does it really matter if you do a good job, punctual, reliable and polite . surely they are the main factors.
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    I use T-shirt or top with business name and number on and work type trousers. I think regardless always looking smart is a must.

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.
  3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

iv won few customers because i look the part.

would u pay good money for a guy whos just there for the summer in his shorts and t-shirt off lol

most people will judge a book by its cover.

just look the part i feel so much better doing it with named tops ect just makes me feel that i'm at work and not out my back having a wine ;)
  4. Paul

Paul Guest

I agree Gav always look smart, also it's good advertising.

Also is would not let jonny chavs **** clean my windows in his best street clobber with them tucked in his socks looking at my valuables.

I think it just shows you are pro, your not just rocking up from the dole office with a coal bucket and step ladder I look at them and think course you've got insurance.
    And that's me judging a book but it's my house so I can ;)
  5. greenj26

greenj26 Guest

For me, it's a balance between professionalism and comfort. I know some window cleaning companies who have their workers tuck polo shirts into their dress pants adorned with leather dress belts. I couldn't move in that attire. Shirt keeps coming un-tucked. And on the other end of the spectrum you have the guys who wear regular street clothes. It may be more comfortable to clean windows in a track suit but here in the U.S. you will come off looking like a gang banger.

I wear an un-tucked polo shirt of a flexible knit fabric, some decent looking jeans (or khaki shorts if it's hot out) and roofing boots (for grip on ladders and roofs). That's what works for me.
  6. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Always wear printed t-shire and work trousers. People will be impressed. Like others said, who would you get to work on ur house?? Guy in shorts and a footy shirt or uniform?
  7. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    This week I have mostly been wearing my 'off the shoulder' lurex sock....
  8. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

i wear a printed t shirt or sweatshirt with the company name on and a pair of dark blue combat style jeans there a bit like work trousers foot wear is a pair of trainers at the min i know i should wear boots but after spending 9 years on a building site sweating me feet off in boots i can bring mesen to put em back on yet
  9. simon

simon Guru

Jan 18, 2012
    as long as your smart i dont think it matters too much, i always remember about a month after i'd gone on my own i got a job & she said she'd asked some lads to do it 2 weeks before i knocked & when they showed up she said they looked as if they'd just got out of jail so she binned them, but i couldnt tell her it was the crew i'd just left lol so i did smarten up, now i just get little sew on badges with my name & window cleaner on & sew them on whatever im using for work
    i think a sign written car or van is a must though
  10. jambo113

jambo113 Guest

you cant beat primarni (primark) polo shirts for 4 quid and a local print shop near me does my company name and mobile number in large letters on the back for a fiver