Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How fast do you produce your pure water per ltr

WCF

Help Support WCF:

crystalview

Just done a test on my system to measure flow rate on pure water @ 0.00.

System is 2 x 20in pre filters 1 x 40in ro with high pressure membrane then 2 x 12ltr di vessels inline as i fill holding tanks for vans fill ups.

Im getting 2ltrs at 34secs using a 2ltr bottle and stopwatch so 1ltr at 17secs ... Is this good or bad and whats yours??

I get 2ltrs from the house tap in 7secs...

Also i live in a soft water area 69ppm at the tap so resin changes at every 15,000 ltrs on 1 resin vessel then second vessel next 15,000 as i keep rotating them..

That's very very very good!

But then you have very soft water, try being me - 470-500 ppm on average!!!!!

I can fill a 25l drum in 60-90 seconds. I'll time it tomorrow.
We're talking producing pure water here, if you can do 25l in a minute then the sun doesn't exist!

Honest to god. Pressure of the outside tap (and inside) is brilliant, PPM from the tap before DI is 52ppm and it's ran through two 11 litre DI vessels. I'll film it tomorrow.

Honest to god. Pressure of the outside tap (and inside) is brilliant, PPM from the tap before DI is 52ppm and it's ran through two 11 litre DI vessels. I'll film it tomorrow.
Thays absolutely insane, I've never heard of such fast tap pressure supply, this is the reason pressure washers can't be run from a tap because the tap can't keep up, you could run a 21lpm commercial pressure washer from your tap, which is unheard of...

My tap water is around 12lpm...

Even with your mains water supply of 52ppm, you must be depleting the resin-life quicker than need be running water through your vessels that quick.

It takes like 5 mins to run a bath from empty to pretty much overflowing. This is all up at my mums which is 10 miles from me and is only a couple of miles from the reservoir.

The water at my house is about 180ppm and you'd get more pressure if I was ******* it out. :ninja:

Even with your mains water supply of 52ppm, you must be depleting the resin-life quicker than need be running water through your vessels that quick.
I don't run it through that quick though, I did when I first got it just out of curiosity but after reading advice on here I leave plenty of time to fill up using the water at a nice steady flow rate.

1:19 secs to fill a 25 litre drum with pure this morning. The video upload to YouTube is pending but I'll post the link later on.

realkid I think Im moving up scotland...

one hour 15 mins for 25 litres...of course temprature dependant....

in winter ...one hour 40 mins

er whos good at maths...I canna work out my litre time...:whistle:

brain engaging.:eek: er....every twenty five minutes I get a third of 25litres er...

so thats er....7,5 ish er...oh im lost....

oh feck now I remember why I became a window cleaner...

although it really hurts when people say if I give you £1.50 plus ten pounds thats right isnt it....and you see cheapie going up the path scratching his head working out for hours whether he has been ripped off...

Last edited by a moderator:
realkid I think Im moving up scotland...
one hour 15 mins for 25 litres...of course temprature dependant....

in winter ...one hour 40 mins

er whos good at maths...I canna work out my litre time...:whistle:

brain engaging.:eek: er....every twenty five minutes I get a third of 25litres er...

so thats er....7,5 ish er...oh im lost....

oh feck now I remember why I became a window cleaner...

although it really hurts when people say if I give you £1.50 plus ten pounds thats right isnt it....and you see cheapie going up the path scratching his head working out for hours whether he has been ripped off...
333ml per minute on average I think :whistle:

Back