Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which brush for car wash?

All of our brushes are Gardiner ones @Donal Keegan

I would still recommend these though.

Vikan Water-Fed Car Vehicle Wash Brush 270 mm Soft Bristle 475552 Free P&P | eBay

You will need to drill the brush stock and fit either 2 or 3mm jets - your choice.

We have always used them for car cleaning as they have the protective rubber ring around the brush stock. They were also designed as a car cleaning brush.

We have used them in conjunction with an Unger pole and Unger screw in adaptor available from Wintecs.

Unger Opti Loc Pole 3 section 6'/180cm

Unger Cone - Insert

I would invest in a cheap pressure washer, you dont need an expensive one for cars. I use to do car valeting for a long time and seen the damage brushes can do to cars. Be careful if your doing customers.

All of our brushes are Gardiner ones @Donal Keegan
I would still recommend these though.

Vikan Water-Fed Car Vehicle Wash Brush 270 mm Soft Bristle 475552 Free P&P | eBay

You will need to drill the brush stock and fit either 2 or 3mm jets - your choice.

We have always used them for car cleaning as they have the protective rubber ring around the brush stock. They were also designed as a car cleaning brush.

We have used them in conjunction with an Unger pole and Unger screw in adaptor available from Wintecs.

Unger Opti Loc Pole 3 section 6'/180cm

Unger Cone - Insert
Thanks Spruce I really appreciate these tips. I am going to get that cone insert - it is a very useful gadget!

Thanks Spruce I really appreciate these tips. I am going to get that cone insert - it is a very useful gadget!
They are compatible with Unger poles. We started off using Unger Teleplus poles so we have a range of accessories we use that fit them. We, like many others, used that Vikan brush when we started window cleaning. It was a good brush, just far too heavy.

We use Gardiner SLX poles, but the Unger stuff still comes in handy for fitting a scraper to, an applicator and squeegees for high level internal cleaning.

We have always used this brush to clean the cars and vans without issue. Using the wrong bristle brush can cause scratches to paintwork so you always have to be careful, especially when cleaning other people's cars.

Back