Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I use tap system on belt to turn water on and off....is this uni valve going to be any better..thanks..
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Yes. Each time you fumble for the tap you are wasting water.

The other very relevant issue is the loop with having a tap either at the bottom of the pole or on a belt. SIL removed his Aquadapter and fitted an on/off tap to his pole. I hated using it because of the loop. I found it slowed me down.

SIL has left us now and packed in window cleaning. I have taken back his SLX22 pole. The first thing I did was to remove the tap and fit an Aquadapter back onto it.

The second was to clean it up.

Over the holiday period I hope to fit new clamps and spray it with engine lacquer. What a state it was handed back in.

The tap on the belt and the trigger on the pole have a similar issue - the extra pole hose that accumulates at your feet when working at ground level. You do get used to it but it does get in the way and creates a loop of hose that trails and gets caught on objects around you. Yes it can be managed, but get rid of it and you really notice the difference. The Univalve does just that. There is no need for the extra hose as the tap/Univalve is inside the top of the pole. It was like a breath of fresh air when I put one in my pole.

PS: sorry spruce, didn't see your post as I was busy tapping /emoticons/biggrin.png:D

Yes. Each time you fumble for the tap you are wasting water.
The other very relevant issue is the loop with having a tap either at the bottom of the pole or on a belt. SIL removed his Aquadapter and fitted an on/off tap to his pole. I hated using it because of the loop. I found it slowed me down.

SIL has left us now and packed in window cleaning. I have taken back his SLX22 pole. The first thing I did was to remove the tap and fit an Aquadapter back onto it.

The second was to clean it up.

Over the holiday period I hope to fit new clamps and spray it with engine lacquer. What a state it was handed back in.

Aquadapter much better then the uni value shame steve could afford to keep them both going

Aquadapter much better then the uni value shame steve could afford to keep them both going
I honestly have to agree with you. When Steve first put the Aquadapter to market I believed that it was the best accessory invented for wfp up to that time. The pull action is so much better and easier than the Univalve. I also like the 'wheel' as I often use that to regulate the flow for the odd time I needed to. (We fitted the Mk2 Univalve to my son's pole and it is a little easier to operate than the Mk1's I have on both my poles SLX22 and SLX40.)

I also honestly think that the weight issue wasn't that bigger a deal. The extra weight issue seems to have been blown up out of all proportion and Steve reacted to it. We don't often use the pole full stretch at an acute angle. I regularly swap between the Aquadaptor fitted SLX22 and the SLX22 with a Univalve as they have different brush heads.

(Funnily enough though, I notice the different weights of the brush head on the end of the pole more than the Aquadapter.)

What amazes me is the design genius of Steve Jones. When I opened my Univalve a couple of months ago, I saw myself staring at a replica of the click on click off design of a Parker Pen refill in a Parker Jotter ball point pen. I spent many hours wandering how he designed it and was in awe when I found out.

I honestly have to agree with you. When Steve first put the Aquadapter to market I believed that it was the best accessory invented for wfp up to that time. The pull action is so much better and easier than the Univalve. I also like the 'wheel' as I often use that to regulate the flow for the odd time I needed to. (We fitted the Mk2 Univalve to my son's pole and it is a little easier to operate than the Mk1's I have on both my poles SLX22 and SLX40.)
I also honestly think that the weight issue wasn't that bigger a deal. The extra weight issue seems to have been blown up out of all proportion and Steve reacted to it. We don't often use the pole full stretch at an acute angle. I regularly swap between the Aquadaptor fitted SLX22 and the SLX22 with a Univalve as they have different brush heads.

(Funnily enough though, I notice the different weights of the brush head on the end of the pole more than the Aquadapter.)

What amazes me is the design genius of Steve Jones. When I opened my Univalve a couple of months ago, I saw myself staring at a replica of the click on click off design of a Parker Pen refill in a Parker Jotter ball point pen. I spent many hours wandering how he designed it and was in awe when I found out.

Can't agree with this Aquadapters were unreliable and didn't switch off all the time Univalves do!

Is it better than the angle adapter valve where u twist pole to turn it off? I'm buying a gardiner pole tomorrow and was gunna select the angle adapter valve, but now I have seen this. Surely twisting the pole is easier than reaching down to pull the hose?

Is it better than the angle adapter valve where u twist pole to turn it off? I'm buying a gardiner pole tomorrow and was gunna select the angle adapter valve, but now I have seen this. Surely twisting the pole is easier than reaching down to pull the hose?
gaz I have not used the angle adapter one so can't comment on that sorry !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I tried both the Univalve and the Gooseneck valve on my SLX18 and of the two I preferred the Gooseneck valve. However, it does require a little down force on the pole to keep the brush on the glass whilst twisting the pole. When I put it on my new Extreme pole I didn't feel comfortable applying that kind of lateral pressure on it when fully extended so I've fitted a Univalve.

Hope this helps Gaz

If I ordered a normal angle adapter do univalves fit these too? What angle adapter do you use with the univalves can it be any?

For £9.50 + VAT if ordered with a new pole I would include it.

If you don't get on with it, then you haven't lost much by taking it off.

You will need to maintain it periodically so get yourself a tube of silicone grease and watch his maintenance video .

[media]

[/media]

Back