Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bottom Windows Only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jimbob

Just been talking to another windy n his thinking about doing bottoms only if the weather doesn't clear anyone else done this or thought about it and what sort of response did u get

Just doing half the house?. lol. As i customer i would say. "dont bother"

As a window cleaner. I would not do it eigher.

Times are hard in the winter, but this is why you have to put a bit of cash away in the summer, /emoticons/biggrin.png

Just doing half the house?. lol. As i customer i would say. "dont bother"
As a window cleaner. I would not do it eigher.

Times are hard in the winter, but this is why you have to put a bit of cash away in the summer, /emoticons/biggrin.png
True but even harder when you have just started last summer!

i personally wouldnt do just bottoms, if too dangerous for ladders just use wagtail on a pole or if u havent got a wagtail just use normal mop and blade on a pole, that way u can still get a bit of work in

It's not about the money got customers txting me asking when I'm coming. I like the pole idea though I've also got a wfp trolley but don't like the idea of water freezing on paths etc

It's not about the money got customers txting me asking when I'm coming. I like the pole idea though I've also got a wfp trolley but don't like the idea of water freezing on paths etc

Id just do the tops trad with a pole mate, u can work in lower temps than with wfp and there will be a lot less water on paths, drives etc

Come knocking on my door and see what response you would get from my wife. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cant you have someone footing the ladder. Snow is safer than ice though lol.

If your customers don't understand that you can't work safely and they get arsey. I would be like see ya later /emoticons/wink.png

none of them are being arsey it was just a thought im not fussed like I said another windy whoi was chatting to mentioned it just wondered if anyone had done this

Thats good then, you didnt say why they had textd lol. I had a women text me asking why we was late. Urmmmmmmmmmmm have you seen the weather FFS

Its just **** mate, i did 3 days last week. Which is ok i guess actually. Could have done zero /emoticons/sad.png

to stop water freezing i carry salt from the bins on the side of the road. i always chuck some down now for the older customers for free no charge. makes them feel like there getting something and its only a few mins of my time. plus no slipping .

I suspect many do just that (bottoms only) to try to keep some pennies rolling in but no I never have.

You could always maybe go door knocking targeting bungalows or shop owners instead and offer them an inside/out window clean special winter deal.

If ppl expect me to clean their windows when there is 4-5 foot of snow on the ground like there is now also below sub-zero temps then all I can say they are wee bit bonkers mate.

Thats good then, you didnt say why they had textd lol. I had a women text me asking why we was late. Urmmmmmmmmmmm have you seen the weather FFS
Its just **** mate, i did 3 days last week. Which is ok i guess actually. Could have done zero /emoticons/sad.png
no ones been funny with me its just that I struggled to get done before Christmas and only worked 2 days since the new year so some customers have been 6 weeks without a clean I just try to keep everyone happy. I know you cant please everyone but just wondered what everyone else does. I recon il end up having another week off

on monday i started the job on a big home and she saw me working, then i got 1/4 round her house and she comes to the window and says are you serious? you cleaning in this weather. it was a bit of sleet and she went crazy. ive not had a payment off her and everytime i email to ask for payment she has a different story WHY she cant pay me. 1st was her hubby took the cheque book to work with him ( coff bollo* coff ) the 2nd was her laptops at work when i saw her on it doing her shopping order and 3rd was its only been a few days since she had them done and it wasnt ever a problem before.. no it was i just kept my cool because shes a 40 quid house lol. if i lose her i notice it a little. ill give her one last warning then ill ditch her coz im sick off ppl not paying. if there bosses said no pay till i feel like it they would take him to a tribuneral ( typo ). i managed since xmas about £120 of work and only seen £70.

At the end of the day mate we are all behind coz of this weather but if you got custies texting you when your coming there either thick as to short planks or blind or don't live in England. How the hell are you spouses to clean windows in this. If mine were texting me & they are all within a 10 mile radius I think I would just laugh at them. Yer not gonna lose em coz other windys can't get out either. Tex em & explain. I did all mine Thursday & they all understood. There are some thick people out there.

We are not behind coz of the weather, we as behind before the snow hit lmao. At least we can blame the snow now /emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back