Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

possible opportunity for more work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Just bumped into mates uncle in tesco

He runs a contract cleaning company working mainly for the council

Does full cleans on empty houses and buildings including end of tenancy and clearing up after deaths and junkies etc as well as businesses

He doesn't have enough window cleaning work to justify the ro and backpack setup he has and asked would i do his window cleaning for him

He said the state of some places wfp is not good enough (probably as he doesn't do it much so isn't very skilled which he admits)

Anyone know how to go about charging and pricing work for a company and getting paid etc

I have known him a very long time and he wouldn't mess me about as we all go on family holidays camping etc together and is like family his lot and my lot

You'll want to charge quite high for that sort of work, it's horrible, but could well be worth it!

Just tell him it's x amount of money dependant on how dirty it is etc, and see what he says...

Sounds like a good opportunity though :thumbsup:

But he may be right about wfp, you may need to trad a lot of it...

If you're that close, how about asking how much he wants to pay? Chances are that he can work it into the overall price so that you both get a nice tickle out of it.

He is quite shrewd

He employs his nephew and his son rather than anyone else

His nephew is a good mate of mine also

I'm sure we could come to some arrangement

I will speak to him sunday when there will be about 20 of his family at his nieces when we watch the spurs game

id pitch in at 4 times normal rate. thatd mean you could do his stuff as a priority ,id tell him that

payment end of every month, no waiting for council pay up. if hes well established he should be able to pay you before he gets paid by the council if need be

Back