Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

Hi all, I'm going through rubber like theres no tomorrow and wondered if using a different type or brand might help. I'm using the Unger stuff from screwfix at the moment, would using a harder one help me at the moment as well (I'm new obviously.

Any thoughts?

Hi dodger, How often ate you using it? Are you wiping it dry with a cloth, also your belt bucket or holster can wear it away, i can make a rubber last at the least a month and that's working it hard.

Hi Paul. I'm only doing 1 or 2 cleans a day at the mo and almost everyones a first clean. My rubber is only lasting most of the time for those couple of cleans and can't figure why, I know rubber isn't that expensive but at this rate I'll never make a living lol.

Just to add yes I dry it but I have a cloth hanging from my shoulder so just flick off excess and dab it on the cloth.

Would a harder rubber last longer until I figure out what simple thing it is that I'm probably doing to em.

I don't use hard rubber mate I use unger soft and have no problems with it, your not using it on sills are you? I can't think of anything else what it could be also I don't wipe my blade dry I just tap it on a cloth or my pants, Im not sure if technique would make u use it alot more, what's your technique like?

Lol techniques a bit iffy to be honest, I only fan on bigger windows and straight pull others cos not exactly perfected fanning yet.

After the fact and shoulda thought about it before I asked question, I made my own holster out of Drainpipe (yes drainpipe) and really like it so didn't bother buying one but my 12" and 6" squeegees cross in the middle I'm wondering if they are catching when I put em in and out cos I just looked at some rubbers I replaced and the area I'm getting streaks are in about the same place.

Yea, because under soft is the best I've found, miles better than pullex as a note, and it'll normally last me a month with blaming every downstairs window.

No probs pal anytime that's what we r here for, I didnt know screwfix done window cleaning stuff :-/

Yeh just had a look on there site, pretty handy that considering I can see one from my front door lol off for a stroll lol

definitely need a proper bucket on belt mate, doesn't take much to damage your rubber. we used to put a spare rubber sqweegee handle inside the bucket on belt, stopped the sqweegee from getting damaged on the plastic, as it was protected by the rubber handle inside.

Unger soft. I use mine for 2 weeks then turn it round for another 2 weeks. Also you know that if you use a 12inch squeegee you can use the rubber out of that for your 10inch or 6 etc. that way it last longer. It's usually only the edges that wear out.

Yea, because under soft is the best I've found, miles better than pulled as a note, and it'll normally last me a month with blaming every downstairs window.
Language problem lol

Unger soft. I use mine for 2 weeks then turn it round for another 2 weeks. Also you know that if you use a 12inch squeegee you can use the rubber out of that for your 10inch or 6 etc. that way it last longer. It's usually only the edges that wear out.

Yea, because under soft is the best I've found, miles better than pulled as a note, and it'll normally last me a month with blaming every downstairs window.
Language problem lol
Lol

Language problem lol
Lol
Lol at lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hxy1w1

i use pulex soft, normally turn it around after about 3weeks. but yh, obviously down to ur rubber getting nicked in ur 'holster',lol

It was worth a try but I will keep the diy 'holster' its plenty big enough for a shotgun. Might need that if another of my customers old wc that aint been for months turns up and just cleans the glass when they can see miles away that I've scrubbed the frames till they look like new. Never even asked just did em and expected to get payed the cheeky get, I only cleaned em that well as I do all jobs to make it easier for me next month (and good advertisment for my services obviously). grrr rant over lol.

Latest Posts

Back