Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Putting your address on your leaflet?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Max

On my leaflet i put mobile, landline and email address, but what about your address?

Do you think it would come across that you were more trustworthy if you put that on or do you think it's a waste of time. What do you think?

I don't think it's necessary the must have imo is your landline number, people look at the area code and know from that where you come from.

I do however always give a business card with my address on before providing a quote.

Sometimes it can be counter productive, ie if your address is at the other end of the region and your trying to build work at the other end.

Some people may be put off by fact they assume you won't cover their far away area,and may think its just a random leaflet drop.

This is my experience anyway, where a few called but weren't sure I'd cover their area. Made me wonder how many I lost out on. So to avoid this being an issue all my new fliers were printed with bold writing at the top saying 'we cover this area regularly'

@Chris33 From above 'we cover this area regularly' - are you a sole trader? I am, and I've often wondered about using 'We', when its just me. Can you get away with this? Does it sound more professional?

Well I'd ordered 10k worth of fliers and didn't plan on running this round alone for long anyway. So the 'we' was based on what I wanted to become and its looking increasing like I'll be running a crew out this van very soon...

I cant get around my round alone now and so the plan is to get three more on board part time and build it up again!!

I think the 'we' doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things, perhaps some customers will prefer a sole trader; assuming he or she will take more pride in their own round, while others may like the idea of a team doing the area,maybe its what they are used to. So too many variables to draw from the 'we' basically lol

Ah Ok, fair enough. Best of luck building up your round. I don't think I'll be taking anyone on anytime soon - I just don't like the idea. But I want to get my flyers right so I pack out my round with loads of compact work if I can get it.

We just sounds better

The royal we

My son works with me occasionally

My wife does a lot of my admin

Although i am a sole trader we works best i think

As I keep saying - the important things to put on your leaflets are

a) WINDOW CLEANING

b) contact details

I don't think it makes much difference whether you put landline, mobile, home address, prestigious office address, or any of the other stuff (CRB checked etc).

We're not talking about a major investment by the householder here. If they don't like you after the first time, they won't be looking to sue you - they just won't use you again (and at worst, won't pay you for the inadequate service). You're highly unlikely to turn up as a major report on Watchdog - tracking down the secretive window cleaner who's the subject of a million complaints but nobody can find.

And incidentally, when I canvass for window cleaners I use my own leaflets - which contain MY mobile number. The window cleaner is local - but that doesn't mean that I am.

Back