Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Canvassing Pitch

rafawindowcleaning

Hi!

Gonna make it short and sweet what is in your opinion the best canvassing pitch that works with people? Gonna try some canvassing on Saturday and have never done it before. Thanks for all the info in advance

Like it belfast but do you ever get saying that "You cheeky young man now bugger off as I do my own windows thank you very much"

Sorry but couldn't help noticing your windows are filthy. Would you like me to make them sparkling for you?

Reason being I was at a house yesterday and heard the sound of ladders so looks down the road and seen an old boy up a ladder with a wet cloth in one hand and in the other a karcher window vac trying to clean his top bay windows.

Must admit he done a bloody good job too but was waiting to hear the siren of an ambulance to arrive as he looked so dodgy doing them.

"Hi, sorry to bother you. I'm a regular window cleaner for quite a few of your neighbours on this street(/estate), I was just wondering if you'd like a regular window cleaner to keep your windows in good condition while I'm in the area every X weeks?"

If No: Apologise for bothering them again and wish them a good night

Always be well dressed (Presentable sign written t-shirt/coat, 'work trousers' and clean work boots) and I find having my Trad belt helps (even though I'm WFP more and more these days) with scrubber/squeegee and a cloth hanging out of the cloth pouch (holds a smart looking folder as well). Manners and image go a long way in getting those "Have you got a card" houses in calling you back though your mileage may vary.

Belfastcleaning great idea /emoticons/wink.png hahaha think I will stick to.what the others are advising tho. Wish me luck first time canvassing ever tomorrow plan to do 2-3 hours and if can gain 2 jobs I will see it as a great success. Will report tomorrow evening /emoticons/smile.png

Did 3 hours canvassing today and got myself 3 customers not too bad I think but all of them eight weekly gotta work on them to convert to 4 weekly. I think I got a knack for canvassing plenty of people took my business card so these are potential custys as well. All in all quite happy today /emoticons/smile.png

Back