Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

was my hypo to weak

Way too weak. I mix hypo 50:50 & see results starting to appear in less that 2 mins - that might be overkill, but it does a great job!

Telling people to use a 50:50 mix doesn't help anyone because it is often purchased in different strengths from 8%-15%.

I would say for those paths you want about a 7-8% mix (or 70k-80k parts per million). You might have to apply and leave for a while then re-apply to any really stubborn ********.

so at 8% to 5 ltrs of water that would mean 400ml of hypo i think, which seems even less than the amount i used

so at 8% to 5 ltrs of water that would mean 400ml of hypo i think, which seems even less than the amount i used
No, You need to find out what strength hypo you have. for example:

This is 10-11% so to get to 7% you would use 2 parts hypo from the container to 1 part water

Deosan RedLabel Hypo AG311 20L | Diversey Direct

This is 14% so to get to 7% you would use 1 part hypo to 1 part water.

Sodium Hypochlorite 14% 1L including delivery: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products.

It doesn't arrive at 100% Sodium Hypochlorite it usually starts at between 8-15% in the bottle or drum you buy. i.e. it is already watered down you just need to water it down more to make it go further and make it easier to work with.

oh right, its deosan red label so i should of used a hell of a lot more eh lol
yeah 2 parts hypo 1 part water I would say. seems to do the trick for me. And if you have any tough spots just hit them with it at the full 11%

Latest Posts

Back