Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hi

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jackle

Have been thinking about taking the plunge for a while. Cleaned my conservatory yesterday afternoon. Honestly can't believe how much I enjoyed it, until my brush snapped, but at least that was doing the sides after doing the roof and gutters. I can see myself becoming obsessed with cleaning outdoors

I'm a taxi driver so was thinking of dedicating one day a fortnight to doing it at first. I can advertise inside my cab and speak directly to potential customers etc. Canvassing for a couple of hours knocking on doors when it's quiet on the cabs etc

I'm a taxi driver so was thinking of dedicating one day a fortnight to doing it at first. I can advertise inside my cab and speak directly to potential customers etc. Canvassing for a couple of hours knocking on doors when it's quiet on the cabs etc
Where do you live? Maybe someone on here lives near you, and could take you out for a couple hours as a taster. Doing your own is one thing, doing it for £££ is another. If you do go for it, then you'll be surprised how addictive it is, its like marmite, you'll love it or hate it

Good luck.:thumbsup:

Clistys advice is excellent - a day in the actual 'field' would tell you whether it's for you or not.

Bear in mind that the weather is fabulous right now - dark, cold, icy mornings with no-one home to pay you is a different kettle of fish....

Good luck.:thumbsup:
Clistys advice is excellent - a day in the actual 'field' would tell you whether it's for you or not.

Bear in mind that the weather is fabulous right now - dark, cold, icy mornings with no-one home to pay you is a different kettle of fish....
One of my mates has just bought a couple rounds so gonna have a word with him about doing a day or two for some hands on experience.

Does anyone offer a direct debit option or bank xfer. It'd save time collecting wouldn't it?

Thanks for the replies. I've read a few things on here. Going to read as much as I can and educate myself. Probably a few newbie questions here and there but I'll try not to be to dumb as it looks like a very thorough forum/group ;-)

One of my mates has just bought a couple rounds so gonna have a word with him about doing a day or two for some hands on experience.
Does anyone offer a direct debit option or bank xfer. It'd save time collecting wouldn't it?
I'd say go for it. Unless you live in the Bromley area, then I'd say stick to your cab /emoticons/wink.png

I know a few cabbies who retrained as Sparky's, plumbers, windies. They always seem to end up back in the cab before long. It's a very different way of making a living. Why don't you enjoy cabbing? Why do you want to change? Maybe list out the pros and cons of both and see how it stacks up. Otherwise it can be a case of grass always greener elsewhere.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I know a few cabbies who retrained as Sparky's, plumbers, windies. They always seem to end up back in the cab before long. It's a very different way of making a living. Why don't you enjoy cabbing? Why do you want to change? Maybe list out the pros and cons of both and see how it stacks up. Otherwise it can be a case of grass always greener elsewhere.
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Sorry for late reply. I'm wanting a change for a few reasons. Inconsistent income from taxiing. Not a healthy job just sat on my butt all day long. I see window cleaning as something I could do alongside taxiing until I've built it up enough to make a decent living (this may take a while I know). I also enjoy cleaning stuff to which helps I guess. I'm just practicing on my own windows each night trying to get my technique right. The Mrs is happy as the windows have never looked so clean lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back