Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Touting For Comercial

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

after reading all your posts over the last week (newb on here lol) its got me thinking maybe i should start finding out how i could get some proper work for my wfp. all i do is domestic. i used to have quite a few old folks care homes a few years ago and a good few pubs but they were on a round that i bought. also all the town work is pretty much all done by a mate of mine and his family. cant afford a website but also not had good experience with websites, i've just given up driving instructing as business was sh*te and couldn't do both windows and instructing as 1st thought, but had a website for 4 years and never got one customer from it and it cost me a fortune. cheers lads

a website is a big yes, if money is tight talk to dodger on here, he did mine and I've had a few from mine already /emoticons/smile.png

Another thing is if there is a few places you like the look of, nip in there and have a chat with the manager

just pm'd dodger. but could do with some input from any of you lads who have sites, and how much regular work it has generated for ya cheers lads

what puts me off a bit is just the amount of windys in my area there's friggin loads of us and i know a load of em too how do you lads find it

yeah i sort of know what you're talkin about, but seems a shame to have all the gear and not use it. this time i'll try not to take on too much like i did a few years ago just a few units or retail park style shops would be nice lol

Facebook is the best way of getting initial business without breaking the bank. A properly made website with decent content and search engine optimisation will bring work in but you'll get what you pay for.

I got about 10 shop fronts which take me 10-15 mins to do for £6.00 n i do a big retail chain and i got a big pub /emoticons/smile.png all good payers /emoticons/smile.png i do a hotel for 60 kwid n it takes me 2 hours to do and their all good payers except 1 hair salon front the man runs the business with his sister and he cuts the hair and shes like the boss he always says cum bak wen shes in on so n so day i hadnt been for ages cos i wasnt down their as im busy so i went yesterday and they owed me 30 kwid he was ther with her n she sed summit to him n he giv me 15 kwid n goes to me weel giv u the other 15 kwid , the shop was dead.. I cud tell they wer goin thru a hard tym but all the rest of ma shops etc are excellent payers but u always get 1 sour grape /emoticons/wink.png lol

But to be honest u cant beat commercial cos it makes the job more easier.... Cos 1 day ill have 14 jobs......

12 houses n a pub n a shop to clean working on houses job after job makes u bored, u just doing the same n same , winding the hose to the back then cleaning the side then doing the front /emoticons/smile.png then going to next house and doing it again, after a few jobs its a luxury to clean shop fronts /emoticons/smile.png cos u just turn up n crack on get the safety cones out , and see the public and u just work /emoticons/smile.png no going around the back of a garden lol /emoticons/smile.png its just different and afterwards u get payed /emoticons/smile.png so its pretty decent

Facebook is the best way of getting initial business without breaking the bank. A properly made website with decent content and search engine optimisation will bring work in but you'll get what you pay for.
How do I look at traffic on my website iain ?

How do I look at traffic on my website iain ?
I'll send you an analytics report on Monday Gav. You'll receive these on the same day every week but probably at different times of the day.

mate get on google sites how i done my website www.midlandscleaners.co.uk, its cost me about 5 pound to date (demain name) and iv picked up lots of work from it! bear in mind though the more you put in the more you get out. good luck

Latest Posts

Back