Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiners brush.....makes you work faster with less water?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you can save time and a lot of money as I found out myself, by listening to the advice on the forum when it comes to buying WFP gear, especially poles and brushes.

Buying **** poles and brushes makes your work harder

I used a Gardiner pole etc yesterday as I met a guy whom does WFP and used it and checked the work done. Wow I was impressed, I really was and was easy to use, He also had the blue bananna one cnc and other have I had a go and that awsome too. I really am interested in WFP now, The trigger things are good as that saves water, the yellow trolley one did not turn off, but was really good and did a perfect clean. Makes one think. But those gardiner poles and the good brushes are really kool. Lovin my experience properly using a WFP system.... The guy was on about get the right pole and brush it all makes a difference to speed and clean.
So is vikan, not that reputable? I was looking at the Kobold system and its tempted me. But need to look into what brush to put on. The gardnier was deffo beter to use and could tell, but the Kobold was not much different for the costing.

All good for a visit to the darkside, maybe not so dark now, well for me:)
Don't bother with a Vikan brush, they are too heavy & cumbersome. I've been wfp over ten years & tried all sorts of poles & brushes. You can't go wrong with Gardiners products IMO. SLX & super-lite or Xtreme brushes are fantastic tools & very good value. The range of Quick-LoQ fittings makes them even more attractive. Buy a good pole & brush to begin with, it'll be hard enough as it is getting used to wfp without handicapping yourself even further with ****, heavy tools./emoticons/wink.png

Don't bother with a Vikan brush, they are too heavy & cumbersome. I've been wfp over ten years & tried all sorts of poles & brushes. You can't go wrong with Gardiners products IMO. SLX & super-lite or Xtreme brushes are fantastic tools & very good value. The range of Quick-LoQ fittings makes them even more attractive. Buy a good pole & brush to begin with, it'll be hard enough as it is getting used to wfp without handicapping yourself even further with ****, heavy tools./emoticons/wink.png
Have you got a Tecbuk brush and what are your thoughts if you have one?

Have you got a Tecbuk brush and what are your thoughts if you have one?
No Tuffers, it's one of only a few I haven't tried. The main reasons being some OTT claims I've read, the stock looks brutal- like a proper sash-horn slayer & to me they look over-played. At the price they are I would need convincing some-what to stray away from Gardiners & the Quick-Loq stuff. The other thing also is it being oval, I've no oval windows on my entire round!!

Scottie, you're running before you can walk again. Get your customers first, then think about dare I say upgrading to WFP.
I am always running lol, just not now with me ankle fooked.lol - It was a pleasent time using the WFP and trying them out, done a house, well the back, was really good. Just liked it. All good. I dont think I could manage WFP at present I can not even bloody walk. Still I am looking into it and might get one, something to mess about with and learn, all good fun. I hold back my negative thoughts to WFP. I enjoyed it very much and can see what the fuss is about.

One thing did chat to the guy about was he buys all his pure water from a yard and it worked out £1.25p for 25L, he also makes it too, but buys i think it was £130 each month for 6000 liters from the yard and goes back and fills up when he wants until he uses 6000 L. Sounds interesting.

Tuffers, I am deffo looking into the WFP stuff, was well sold,so easy to set up and go, the trolley was good, just so simple, comapred to lugging the ladders about, still its good if i do as I can do either then:) Some old ladies like the trad guy still.

No Tuffers, it's one of only a few I haven't tried. The main reasons being some OTT claims I've read, the stock looks brutal- like a proper sash-horn slayer & to me they look over-played. At the price they are I would need convincing some-what to stray away from Gardiners & the Quick-Loq stuff. The other thing also is it being oval, I've no oval windows on my entire round!!

If it’s any help winproclean, the stock material won’t leave marks on white uPVC frames, the stock material isn’t as strong and uPVC, so you cant break the uPVC. Painted wooden window frames usually have the paint chipped off by the user, and any make of brush can put a dent in the wood and chip paint.

Price wise Tecbuk brushes have more value, but the real value is the speed of cleaning compared to other brush makes, and a genuine range of very different brushes.

As for the shape being oval, the oval brush is designed to get into corners! That’s what the oval ends on the brush were made for. It’s not the case where you need to fit a square peg in a square hole. The brush bristles need to move, rotate in the corner to let any dirt move / wash away.

Using square end brush (i.e. not oval) in the corner of the window is not the best way, or even correct.This does show how wrong people can be misinformed.

If it’s any help winproclean, the stock material won’t leave marks on white uPVC frames, the stock material isn’t as strong and uPVC, so you cant break the uPVC. Painted wooden window frames usually have the paint chipped off by the user, and any make of brush can put a dent in the wood and chip paint.
Price wise Tecbuk brushes have more value, but the real value is the speed of cleaning compared to other brush makes, and a genuine range of very different brushes.

As for the shape being oval, the oval brush is designed to get into corners! That’s what the oval ends on the brush were made for. It’s not the case where you need to fit a square peg in a square hole. The brush bristles need to move, rotate in the corner to let any dirt move / wash away.

Using square end brush (i.e. not oval) in the corner of the window is not the best way, or even correct.This does show how wrong people can be misinformed.
Hi richard

I'm not misinformed, I used to use oval Vikans. Sash "horns" (the bits that protrude downwards from the bottom left & right edges of the top section side frame) are my concern- wooden & painted. I have a lot of these & the brush stock bangs into them. I was referring to the sharp edges of your stock hitting these. I don't disagree with the pricing of your brushes, just that they are out of the "buy to try" bracket- like where one might buy a couple to play with- I've no doubt that they are good brushes though./emoticons/wink.png

Hi Mate, probably not misinformed, but the obvious conclusion that a square ended brush is the right one to use for cleaning corners doesn’t apply to brushes when cleaning corners.

I appreciate your comments about the cost; they do cost a bit more but they are a much higher quality. I did put a radius (Rounded edge) on the ends of the stock a couple of years ago, requested by customers, but I have never broken any sash horns.

The oval Vikan stocks are very different from the Tecbuk brush stock; The Vikan’s are a much bigger/denser and heavier stock, basically it has a massive profile for a brush of this size. The Tecbuk has a very small profile (i.e. it’s a window cleaning brush) Tecbuk stock weighs about 65grams, some of the oval Vikan stocks can weigh more than 4 times this, 260 grams plus.

Back