Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ok Guys....whats The Problem...? .....(Solved!)

Luffy

So today is a bad day.....

Had a couple of nice jobs on this afternoon, the sun is shining, got my brand new CLX for them and i'm feeling good! Get to the job and that's when the 1st problem happens. As i'm putting a new brush on the pole, i tightened it too much and snapped the quick release connector at the end of it making the pole completely useless and it's the only pole I've got that's suitable for the 2 jobs :angry:

Then i realsied something odd with my system (RO) as the water just isn't making it to the pole unless i turn it up beyond 50+ psi,

iView attachment 766

This is a picture of my set up so you can get an idea

View attachment 767

The water is fowing out of the tank just fine but as soon as i connect it to the hose reel it starts going backwards and shooting out of the connector at the top (closest to the van) and nothing is coming out the end of the brush

View attachment 768

Then as soon as i disconnect it at the hose end it stops coming out at the top and flows fine, it's almost like something is caught in the hose itself and pushing the water back in the opposite direction.

Anyone had the same problem before? I've tried turning it up to 99psi but it doesn't change anything...

NOW SOLVED

After changing all the connectors and hoses about i finally nailed it this morning...

View attachment 795

The problem was staring right at me all along, the small rubber band that you can see in the picture above on the port at the very top had come off of the the housing it is supposed to sit in. I am amazed that something so small as this can have such an effect on the entire system!!!

Thank you all for the replies, i can finally get back to earning money!

:D

View attachment 551

View attachment 552

View attachment 553

View attachment 576

oddly, it has only happened since i used my new pole which has a fitted flow valve on it. I can't help but think that has something to do with it

so surely you must be able to trace the fault its coming out of van port right whats next hose reel is it coming out of hose reel if so move onto pole if not youve narrowed it down then see what connectors you have it has to be one of them

so surely you must be able to trace the fault its coming out of van port right whats next hose reel is it coming out of hose reel if so move onto pole if not youve narrowed it down then see what connectors you have it has to be one of them
Must be a blockage or kink in the pole hose then!

I hate it when stuff l ike this happens

i hope u get it fixed up mate cos it can be a big hassle sometimes especially when you stop cleaning because of it /emoticons/sad.png

good luck matey

OK I think I've narrowed it down a bit

Putting a standard hose on one of the ports and letting it run to the ground there are no problems at all. As soon as I put any amount of pressure on the end of the hose to stop the flow it starts going crazy again. I think its got something to do with the sensor in the pump that stops flow like when you disconnect the pole hose from the main hose reel which means a new pump I think

Wow! This happned to me today. First house too. I was about to kick the **** it the hole system. I never knew what was wrong with it, after about an hours playing around with the pump contoller I decided to change to connectors. It worked fine after that

Sounds like you need to calibrate your controller.

Also, your pump is upside down! I know it sounds silly, but if you sping a leak near the pump, all the water will end up in the pump motor,.. flip it so the motor is a t the top & the pumping mechanism is below & gravity might save you the price of a pump if you do ever have a leak,...

It sounds like a blockage in your hose reel. If the water flows freely out of the water ports then it isn't the pump.

Have you unwound all your hose on the hose reel as sometimes it can twist by the hose reel neck. Also check to see if you hose hasn't collapsed as this can also happen.

Back