Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner End Caps...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

I have an slx-25 and the end cap is on solid- it must be glued.

I was wanting to buy and extra few sections so that when I need a longer pole (only every 6 weeks)- I could just add and remove the sections as needed- save me buying a 35ft pole!

As I'll need to remove and replace the end cap I was wondering if I buy them from gardiners whether they fit on snug? Or do they have to be glued?

Obviously for my situation- glued is no good. They need to be on firmly, but able to pull them off when needed.

Anyone bought any? Or know?

ok ta. Would I have to put them in hot water every time to fit and remove? As I'll need to do it on the job.

Hi Windyman

The poles have the end caps glued on for production, but they can be removed if being used with extra sections and then will re-fit simply by pushing on. The first challenge will be to get you current cap off. You can sometimes do this by closing the No.4 section (on your SLX25) down very hard so that it hits the end cap off - try doing this a few times to see if it loosens it. If not then you may have to 'sacrifice' this end cap and cut it off with a sharp stanely knife. They are very cheap to replace though.

Once off you can slide on and off extra sections and when needed simply push-fit on the end cap again.

Latest Posts

Back