Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Protect Water Fed Equipment During Winter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

This is what I have to do. I have issues with the cold weather, hoping to sort it this year when my inverter arrives :)
how have you found this? do they work to keep frost off a bit?

Haven't tried the system yet until the inverter arrives. Will let you know once it's all rigged up. /emoticons/smile.png
i ment the quilts etc! lol but yer that will be good, start a new topic about it!

i ment the quilts etc! lol but yer that will be good, start a new topic about it!
lol, yeah its ok for around 0, 01- for short cold snaps, but it's normally like -7 -8 for weeks sometimes, (at my neck of the woods), and even colder. /emoticons/sad.png

lol, yeah its ok for around 0, 01- for short cold snaps, but it's normally like -7 -8 for weeks sometimes, (at my neck of the woods), and even colder. /emoticons/sad.png
yer without the heat to keep temp up they wouldnt do to much in the really cold weather

surley at -7 -8 the games up your tank will be frozen solid?

Or this would work too as they are used in motorhomes & boats. Also can get units that will heat water aswell but don't know of anyone using them for hot/warm diy wfp window cleaning setup

[media]

[/media]

I could be wrong but I'm sure ionics use webasto heaters inside their thermopure systems

surley at -7 -8 the games up your tank will be frozen solid?
When I know we have got a cold snap which is going to be below -5 and more for a long time, then I drain the tank and pipes... rest I cover.

Went out and purchased an inverter, just rigged up the heater (not the aquarium one) this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1ft-Electric-Tubular-Tube-Conservatory-Garage-Greenhouse-Shed-Caravan-Heater-45W-/380411965941?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item589251f1f5

Tried it and it all works... tonight will be the tester. Purchased a new leisure battery so lets see how long it will last. I hope it lasts most of the night (10pm to 07:30) It's 110ah leisure battery. Might have to purchase a 140ah battery if not.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When I know we have got a cold snap which is going to be below -5 and more for a long time, then I drain the tank and pipes... rest I cover.

Went out and purchased an inverter, just rigged up the heater (not the aquarium one) this one http://www.ebay.co.u...=item589251f1f5

Tried it and it all works... tonight will be the tester. Purchased a new leisure battery so lets see how long it will last. I hope it lasts most of the night (10pm to 07:30) It's 110ah leisure battery. Might have to purchase a 140ah battery if not.
i think that i worked out that my battery thats a 110ah one would last 2 days without charge if i had my 120w heater pluged in on it non stop, but not sure if i worked it out right as it was late at night! lol

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i think that i worked out that my battery thats a 110ah one would last 2 days without charge if i had my 120w heater plugged in on it non stop, but not sure if i worked it out right as it was late at night! lol
Yeah I'm fik when it comes to working these things out... Just looking on ebay at the moment at the 140ah batteries. Don't want to splash out on one if I don't need to. I have already paid £90 for the 110ah battery today.

...and I'm mad as my system had frozen up today from the weekend cold, and we haven't even had the harsh winter yet... it's caught me out already. Not happy.

...and I'm mad as my system had frozen up today from the weekend cold, and we haven't even had the harsh winter yet... it's caught me out already. Not happy.
thats not good then, i got to find time to sort out my ro system to make sure thats ok!

thats not good then, i got to find time to sort out my ro system to make sure thats ok!
That's what I have done all afternoon, once I realised my system had frozen. Spent the afternoon buying the things I needed, then connected it all up. Really hope it works... then to top it off we have rain in Leeds all day tomorrow, so another day without work and money.... Breath in, breath out... :angry:

The 300w aquarium heater, will you be running that off the leisure battery?
I will be, but first trying the greenhouse tube. Connected it all up, tonight will be the tester. If it doesn't do the trick, will then connect the aquarium water heater up.

I use a chepo digital radio-controlled weather station so can see from indoors at a glance what temp it is outside/ inside me van.

it's now 2.5c and dropping :wacko:

I use a chepo digital radio-controlled weather station so can see from indoors at a glance what temp it is outside/ inside me van.

it's now 2.5c and dropping :wacko:
Just checked the weather for tonight (cold) wide spread frost... the heater best work.

Latest Posts

Back