Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Distribution

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wouldn't do it in a shopping centre, you'll get toughed out in your ear. A high street, you might get away with. In the summer, you see allot of people down the water front handing out flyers to people. But the essence of it, is you want your flyer to go out to allot of people. With just going up to a street and putting it through there letter box, you wont have to work so hard as to find, clusters or gathering of people to target. In my opinion, your flyer would be less likely discarded if you put it through there letter box.

On the other hand, you could argue that they are more likely to read it, if they are out and about, and a bin isn't to hand. But even with that in mind, I would still say that putting them through letter boxes are the way to go.

i was putting flyers on car wipers in a shopping center and after 2 mins i got a call from the manager demanding i remove them all as he said the problem was that people throw them on the ground

Is it legal to hand out flyer in a high street (public land, not in a shopping centre??
Been there CnS when I first started car detailing in the mid 90's, don't bother!! Councils differ all over but back then in Leicester you needed a days street advertising licence. It was the same price as having a days street trading licence so I thought sod it and went the whole hog. Had my van with gazebo in the centre of town and had a old golf gti under gazebo half wet sanded other half cut and polished with wax, to the point it was like glass. Got loads of work but... All over the place. It's one thing charging £800 for a car detail and making your money after an hours traveling but it's not the same if you get a days window cleaning then use half your takings on fuel!! Keep it local and close together hard graft but door to door is still the best! Good luck GF

The idea was to do this for 2 days at the very start, get jobs here and there and then canvas around those areas rather than me spending hours canvassing areas already covered.

Back