Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Dirty Windows!

Roland

Stafford PowerWash Services
Just had my windows cleaned (I only power wash) and there are streaks down all the windows.

Do I get someone else or let them know their water isn't up to scratch?

Why do you have to ask on a online forum for this isnt the options pretty clear to you?

A: Call Them back

B: find a new cleaner Top Tip: use Google type windowcleaner Then your area.

C: learn how to clean Windows and do Them yourself.

Your welcome /emoticons/wink.png

Just had my windows cleaned (I only power wash) and there are streaks down all the windows.
Do I get someone else or let them know their water isn't up to scratch?
Bound to streak if there just been powerwashed with tap water. :whistle:

Bound to streak if there just been powerwashed with tap water. :whistle:
Sorry didn't make myself very clear.

I had my windows cleaned by a window cleaner (not me) who used a WFP system and there are dirt spots left on the windows.

Sorry didn't make myself very clear.
I had my windows cleaned by a window cleaner (not me) who used a WFP system and there are dirt spots left on the windows.
Can happen on a first clean, also depends on the age of your units and seal condition.

Should of got a professional in I cover stafford /emoticons/wink.png

If this is a regular issue @Roland then the window cleaner isn't doing the job properly or the water he is using isn't pure. If the spots and streaks are on every window and all over the panes of glass then water purification is most likely the issue.

We have one in our area who uses water that isn't pure. It leaves spots on every window. We've inspected his results after he has left the customer and can't believe what the customers will pay for.

We had a cleaner working for a company cleaning windows for the council. Each window he cleaned dried a mess. He was filling up at customers tap and putting the water through a di vessel that's resin was long since spent. When I approached him he just couldn't have cared less. I went into the library whose windows he had cleaned and asked if they were happy with the results of the clean. They couldn't have cared less either. He did the job for another year.

I would probably just cancel his services as any 'rectification' work you call him back for will probably bring the same results.

Just my opinion though.

-

I dont understand why someone is in this trade if they dont Got the pride. Or Any Trade for that matter, it Will bother me no end if i know i have left a Not so perfect window.

I dont understand why someone is in this trade if they dont Got the pride. Or Any Trade for that matter, it Will bother me no end if i know i have left a Not so perfect window.
Unfortunately it a sign of the times we live in. Some people just don't care. Its easy to let standards slip a little at a time. Over time the drop in standards is hardly noticed and just becomes the accepted norm. When they get away with it to begin with it just get easier to take short cuts and not do the job right.

-

Give him a ring mite be a genuine mistake if you walk away believing you've done a good job and there's a problem if u don't tell him he will never no to put it right if he does them again which he should if he is a good windy and get the same problem then look for another problem is people think they can throw water about and do the job right good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I've had this issue with 000TDS on a few Windows lately but it's been the seals on the glass. How old are your windows? Anything over 10 years could be the rubber beginning to perish and break down which then traps water and dust/dirt and causes a problem with the rinse. People haven't complained but I've noticed the odd house with the problem this week in the sunshine and have either gone back to trad or recleaned slightly lower on the glass so I don't force water into the seal. Absolute pain. And you can't tell if the windows sheet properly.

Call him up - might be a genuine mistake.

Id personally get some window cleaning gear and do it myself. Then you could also say youll clean custies windows after youve done theyre drives and patios. Ive cleaned some properties after they've had there drives done and the windows are shocking! The busiest company round here is the only one that cleans the windows after, even i have recommended them in the past!

My usual reply to any complaint even if the problem is with only one window is to apologise and get straight back to rectify it. If that weren't possible for whatever reason it would be full refund or no charge for the next clean.

I've found many customers are reasonable and don't expect perfection, just a good regular service. If they say anything it's just to make me aware that something is not working so as I can do my best to fix it next time around, which I do. What I never want to see is a mess on every window otherwise something is terribly wrong

Back