Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This Is Just What I Need, Not!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

funny enough...

I had a text last night...

I am on your web site do you have your own gardening equipment?

text back ...yes but I am very busy cleaning windows at the moment ...

can you come on saturday morning..

nope sorry I dont move sat or sun..

and that was the end of that...

cheapie not daft...

his girlfriend wife or whatever is obviously going shopping and he doesnt fancy doing the garden that she has ordered him too..

tough...cheapie not moving..and certainly not for :specs:specs:specs to watch him digging..

Not many sensible answers thus far :rolleyes:
sound good to me [delusional]

your screwed Tuffers guess who will be keeping this area niice for like ever and ever

think of all the time lost riding eh your bike destroy this bad place forever

good luck

Strummer it then look for a rota cater which will turn it all for you then weed kill it. Then bobs your uncle and ***** your aunt

Seriously once the area is sorted it might be worth reading up on poly tunnels. Apparently not only can you grow better crops all year around it's much nicer being able to potter about when the weather is bad outside too.

[media]

[/media]

Groupon are doing good deals on polly tunnels just now. Once you've got place sorted you'll be glad you got the chance of allotment, great place to replenish your soul.

Not only that whilst you teach yourselfs I'm sure your kids will be interested in growing stuff in their own patch in the poly tunnel too

Looks like you have a nice little project on your hands there Tuffers. But fear not, it will be very very rewarding!.

Personally, I would strim all the long grass first of all and then dig all of it over, the depth of your spade, removing all grass and weeds and roots as well. Turn the soil and bash it with your spade or fork to help break it down. Some people would hire a rotavator to do the job. This would make it considerably faster and easier. I prefer a fork and spade. Discard all the grass and roots either composting them or having a little bonfire. Weeds will undoubtedly reappear after a few weeks time, so at this point you will need to weed every square foot, once again. Use this as an opportunity to turn the soil over again. Any pesky weeds such as nettles or bindweed can be killed off with a little squirt of wilkos systemic weedkiller.

You will need to feed and nourish your allottment. Well rotted horse manure is good. I use chicken manure pellets which are excellent and takes no effort to apply.

Its probably too late to have any vegetables growing in your patch this year, but if you want any fruit bushes in there then these can be planted immediately.....and you will have fruit next year. Also, make sure you have a patch for rhubarb. You can plant this immediately. Rhubarb wine is superb (we currently have 6 demi johns on the go, which equates to 33 to 36 bottles!).

Lastly, you can get your man shed in there and greenhouse or polytunnel....ready for next year.

A mate is lending me a strimmer in return of me cleaning his windows /emoticons/sad.png. I'd prefer to give him a tenner and not do his windows /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cheers for the advice Tay :thumbsup:

Once the plot is clean i usually just turn over weeds with a spade so they are buried and rot away back in to the soil

The onlt ones i take out are dandelions nettles and bindweed

The normal day to day growth goes back in to the plot

Definitely mr tay..get the rhubarb in and asparagus if you want any next year or even possibly year after as it takes ages..needs to be planted in a hot bed manure/vegitation etc still rotting

[QUOasparagusdaveyboy1, post: 247808, member: 8118"]Definitely mr tay..get the rhubarb in and asparagus if you want any next year or even possibly year after as it takes ages..needs to be planted in a hot bed manure/vegitation etc still rotting

Yes asparagus is a good one....though it needs lots of tlc. I was reading about a perennial cabbage plant....apparantly has about 12 to 16 small heads on it each year. Will be looking into that.

like that idea mr taytay...

also want to try the spudato or what ever its called when the price comes down..

the tomato up top potato down below plant..

some great ideas out there....

er..cheapie got the spudato anyway as he planted his tomato in the porch in what he thought was an empty compost trough...

until the potato sprouted through and swamped the tomato...still let nature run its course...so they are now battling it out in my porch..tata is winning at the mo.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Back