Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What is wrong with some people???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windyman

From time to time I go on ebay & look at the window cleaning stuff that's going. There's been a couple of Gardiners poles on recently...and what amazes me is how much people will pay for 2nd hand stuff!

For example:

A used slx-25 with brush went for £294 incl postage...when the guy even said that the cost new from Gardiners was £354. Ok so you've saved £60...but it is 2nd hand.

And this you won't believe:

A USED SLX-18 with brush just sold for £264 incl postage...when the guy (same seller as the 25) clearly states you can buy it brand new for £266!!!!

What the hell are people thinking? He even gives a link the Gardiners site & they still paid as much for a 2nd hand pole rather than get it brand new from the manufacturer!

Some people's stupidity is beyond me!

lol nothing mate

i know people just shop on ebay these days i sell a lot of stuff on there myself and people pay good money for things

id rather get new stuff myself

i picked up a set of 3 tire step ladders for £6 on auction was suppose to be £49.99 new i bid to £26 as well lol

also got some ladders for £40 and thay where supposed to be 70-80 new both where new items just on a auction

there are bargains to be had just not like it used to be

Its a typical 'auction syndrome', people get wrapped up in the auction, wrapped up in winning specifically and end up either paying more than they intended or more than the item is worth!. I was looking at window cleaning stuff recently and noticed a brodex 31' alloy pole with light use only. The bid at the time was about £120 (i think), but at the time, brodex themselves were doing a special offer (i keep getting txts and emails from them!) of a complete 34' pole for £100!.

ooh just been offered a 18ft slx with with brush and tap for 85 think i might take it then

Yea you're right. I've nothing against buying iff ebay..I do alot. But you can't just assume everything is cheaper on there. It's just plain stupid to pay £2 less for a 2nd hand item than it is brand new.

That slx-18 for £85 does sound like a bargain however. Who's selling it? Let me know if you don't want it, I might!

You could sell some stuff you would think is rubbish, eBay it before you bin it!! There is some cheap stuff you just got to look for it. I'm going to hoke some **** out to put on and go towards my wfp lol

its a mate of mine a nother windy round here i just got a backpack off him and had no problems so i trust him, i was gonna stick with my diy harris pole job but after having it at full stretch doing gutters with it today i realised it was a bit bendy

sorry its a clx still not to bad just had a look on gardiners site and with the setup its still worth about 170 new

right then my last reply to windyman seems to have got lost so for the rest of the lads on here who seem a decent bunch of blokes i brought the poles he is on about. Stupid am i dont think so 1st pole £60 worth of extras, 2nd pole £60 woth of extras & the bloke contacted me & said if you buy the two i will thro in some more new gear with it & wait for it he gave me a refund on the 18ft pole meaning i paid £200 for it including the postage so you so mr windyman now who is stupid as you are the one talking my business when you havent got all the facts, apart from which it is my money, my business so i will do what the hell i like with it WITHOUT consulting you cheers adrian p.s. rest of you lads i apologise for my rant

Ok mate calm down.

The examples I gave were'nt aimed at slagging you off. It's just from the info I had available to me, someone had paid £2 less for a second hand pole than it would have cost them new. I just thought that was stupid. As did others on here. And I've seen it time and time again on ebay...so just thought I'd post about it. I wasn't being malicious at all.

If you made a deal with the guy fair play. I wasn't expecting you to 'consult' me before you buy stuff, I was just posting my views...which is what this place is for.

No hard feelings...

Ok lads I think enough has been said and everybody put there own views across, it's a happy friendly forum let's keep the reputation we have as a friendly forum. Thanks.

Aidrian I don't think windyman would of used you as a example if he knew you were a member, and by the way enjoy the new poles.

ok fine i do enjoy coming on this forum and some of the lads have been more than helpfull its just that when someone puts something on here without knowing all the facts & more than that ( its not a window cleaning topic) it just winds me up ok nuff said, windyman just forget it but stupid i am not however now i have calmed down i realise what you were saying so we will just agree to differ ok cheers

Hi,

I did try to post earlier but It didn't go up. HAve sent you a pm.

I apologise for any offense caused, totally wasn't intended. I retract my comment and hope we can have a friendly forum from now on.

I shall think before I post!

And breath everyone ok so things were said that may have upset people but no names were mentioned in the first post and maybe the info was not totally true but hey lets forget that now and move on. /emoticons/smile.png

Hi,

I did try to post earlier but It didn't go up. HAve sent you a pm.

I apologise for any offense caused, totally wasn't intended. I retract my comment and hope we can have a friendly forum from now on.

I shall think before i post

thanks very much i appreciate it as far as i am concerned it is all forgot about, i dont know lifes to short to be rowing about bloody window cleaning pole & how much they cost lol, your right as well this is one of the friendliest forums i have been on with a great bunch of blokes. Anyway Mr Windyman see you around on the forum cheers mate:)/emoticons/smile.png:)/emoticons/smile.png

And breath everyone ok so things were said that may have upset people but no names were mentioned in the first post and maybe the info was not totally true but hey lets forget that now and move on. /emoticons/smile.png
no worries admin but please spell my name adrian & not the way you say it lol nuff said in the past now cheers adrian

Thanks mate, I read my post back and it was worded harshly, I totally didn't mean it to sound so offensive.

Glad we can move on.

P.s. I am jealous ur getting 2 slx's! You should put up a review once you've tried them out, tell us what they're like.

Cheers.

yeah will do i can compare them with my unger hi-flo pole which i also brought off e-bay lol, i found with the unger pole that when you go 50-60 ft up the sections either come undone or they tighten up that much you need grips to undo them so obviously wont be going that high but should be able to compare the 2

Do the unger poles screw together because I could imagine that to be time consuming.

Sorry Adrian lol for the miss spelling of your name, pawl lol

hiya paul yes they screw together but takes no more time than clamps as its only a short thread, in one way they are easier as you build from the ground in like a stacking type rather than dragging sections out at awkward angles, as with any poles there are plus points & minus but will compare the poles when i try out my new ones keep you posted

Back