Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

van mount tank slosh!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Underdog

iv got a 500l flat tank in the van. its not really flat though at 600 high x 1000 x 900.

the baffle is only one way which is sideways.stupid stupid junk design for a baffle. the front to back slosh is doing my head in. its like a car full of people lunging forward backwards all the time. i saw on youtube guys put playballs in the tank with holes in them. iv done 100 balls but think i may need hundreds more to have any effect.

anyone else solved this issue.

I guess you are talking of a plastic clear tank that is most common, if you simply rotate the tanks position through a 90 degree turn your problem is solved and the baffle is doing what it should. The baffles should run sideways across the van not front to back.

i had it that way and was told to to rotate it by a tank fitter. the baffle is to stop sidways slosh isnt it.

I guess you are talking of a plastic clear tank that is most common, if you simply rotate the tanks position through a 90 degree turn your problem is solved and the baffle is doing what it should. The baffles should run sideways across the van not front to back.
You mean 180 degrees.

No as that would still have his baffles facing the same way. Back to front. 90 degrees is a quarter turn that will set the baffles sideways.
My bad maths and whisky :confused:. My baffles face forwards and don't cause me much of a problem tbh.

i use a 650 flat tank flat my **** its a huge cube

top tip buy a roll ccheap bin bags and put about 5 them in the tnk all still joined up and that soon slow the water down mate works for me

are you upright of flt tanks. my tank is 900 front to back so at half tank its moving a fair distance. its shocking to be honest.cant beleive they sell them like this.

Well i also drive a vivaro. I also carry a 500l tank with the differece being that my van handles fine as the baffles run sideways.

This is something that will cost you less time to try out than it will to sit on here and complain about it.

Good luck.

The shape of your tank is the problem, you need s thinner wider tank, it's to long so too much water is moving front to back

i agree the tank is the problem. its a stupid design jake. green its not so easy to rotate it. iv welded angle irons on all sides to the floor with the steel brace over the top.

i had it the other way around first. put a pic onn facebook for pump advice and the posts poured in id fitted the baffle the wrong way. it took a whole day to rotate it. cutting old welding out and re doing it. i took the advice from a tank fitter on there. i know the slosh is less noticable side to side but i beleive its far more dangerous for the handling sidways than forwards. either way around though im not happy and i need to sort it. thanks for advice

Back