Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

October weather

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shiny

Can you believe this weather we are getting at the end of October.... still working in short sleeves today not complaining though.

However is this the calm before the storm..? I was working out in the sticks yesterday at a farm house, the old lad there assured me we're in for a hard winter. Apparently the bushes are full of berries which at this time of year is unusual....according to the old lad this means it's natures way of looking after its self when the bad weather kicks in plenty of food for birds and all the small animals. Might just be a country mith but you never know he might be right

It's very warm for this time of year for sure bud so best make the most of it :thumbsup:

if you can get to turkey time we are doing well with out any really bad weather, by the new year the short,ist day is behind us we take all the **** weather january throws at us.

Febuary the days are pulling out and hopfully the bad **** weather we have had the worse.

thats my way of thinking for the winter, make as much as you can now

I remember looking at me van covered in 5" of snow one year thinking **** it...

It took me ages to thaw out that big block of ice I call a van tank. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was told by a farmer the berry thing is because of a mild winter followed by a good spring ,,, who knows , nature has a funny thing of kicking u up the butt when things are running smoothly

Last winte rwas fab, people were o pleased to see me after all the wind we had to make there windows dirty.....I bet we don't have a dad winter. They say it every year, cant remember the last bad winter we had...

I think it all depend where you live, I have been w/c for 3 years done 4 winters....snow has stopped me a little but not much, minus 0 has stopped me more. as I live near the coast, I don't think we get it so bad

everybodys benefitting from the lovely November weather too- folk making sandcastles on the beach in november lookin embarrased cos it dont seem right

Last edited:
I wake in the morning and the weather is doing what the weather does, and that's that , sod all I can do to change it so I don't Worry about it ,,, hate all the doom and gloom bull s@@t weather forcasters this time of year

Had the day off yesterday and spent the night camping in the woods. Beautiful weather all day and at night just wearing a hoody, although the campfire help to keep us warm.

Last winte rwas fab, people were o pleased to see me after all the wind we had to make there windows dirty.....I bet we don't have a dad winter. They say it every year, cant remember the last bad winter we had...
You been on the pop Shaz? :cheers:

No tent mate lol, just under the stars in a bivi bag. That would be enough to put him off too as I was going all night with the butt burps.

Cooked or heated a can up TAP? /emoticons/biggrin.png
Ok, it was a can, but it was MnS./emoticons/biggrin.png

No tent mate lol, just under the stars in a bivi bag. That would be enough to put him off too as I was going all night with the butt burps.

funny-posh-sir-cat-monicle-not-amused-grumpy-angry-pics.jpg

Back