Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner's Q-Loq Gooseneck Valve

I take it the two parts are moving. If so when you look in the top end when the hose is removed you should see the white valve surfaces opening and closing as you operate it. if you can then the water should come through. If it isn't call Gardiners

Been busy so haven't been on here but now I'm back am I reading this right has it got a swivel action or not?
As purchased, no. Just regular q-loq. But if you have the swivel part or purchase it you can exchange the reg part for the swivel part. It does work quite well but it requires a little practice. My first day out with it, I had the swivel attached and it didn't slow me down at all. Got used to it in no time. For reference, all my work is residential, I have no commercial customers.

As purchased, no. Just regular q-loq. But if you have the swivel part or purchase it you can exchange the reg part for the swivel part. It does work quite well but it requires a little practice. My first day out with it, I had the swivel attached and it didn't slow me down at all. Got used to it in no time. For reference, all my work is residential, I have no commercial customers.
Ok so basically you just swap the swivel section off your own gooseneck with the one that comes with the valve then.

i like the look of this looks beta than the aquatap i think the real selling point is it can be used as a fixed valve just in case u dont like it lol wich sounds like a marmite tool u eather luv it or hate it unlike the univalve wich is a more allround custmer device also ive bin using a gardner swivle neck wich is ace but imo it puts more pressure on the clamps and causes were on the sections when a pole is geting older ect wich is something to consider ill still probly try one just to c tho but wont hold my breth as i have a aquatap wich was a blady pain in the ars:rolleyes:

Do you get all the fittings with the adapter.
If you are using 8mm pole hose you don't need any unless you're not using Q-Loq, in which case you will need the Q-loq fitting for your brush as can be seen in the video. Just remove your old gooseneck, disconnect the hose from the brush and push it into the bottom of the gooseneck valve. Fit a short piece of hose between the top of the valve and the brush. Put gooseneck in pole and clamp it. Job done! You don't even need the barb fittings on the end of your hose as you don't tug it to operate it like the Univalve, so your not going to pull it out by accident.

If you're not using a swivel attachment on your brush it's easy to operate.

It will work with a swivel, but it requires a little more thought as to where you place the brush when you turn it on. Downstairs is a doddle though, just turn it on/off by hand

Just see this[media]

The new Gooseneck Valve will not suit everyone's working methods (as shown in the video) or everyone's pole setup.

However just wanted to mention that the valve in the video is not one of ours!

I think it may have been one of the free ones Peter was giving away at the recent cleaning show. Whilst they work using the same technology they are a different design with a different angle on the fitting. May make difference, but probably not to the chap in the video ::): as he seems to be using the gooseneck in a straight position rather than with an angle.

I would message him on youtube and get him to change the title or even take the video down if thats not one of yours.

I have a UV on my 25ft pole and a GV on my everyday pole (18ft) and my GV is from Gardiner's.

My views on both are that they are both very good bits of kit and both have their strong points. They are also both not without their foibles.

The UV occasionally activates whilst I'm extending the pole leading to odd sprays of water which once or twice have gone through open windows. Embarrassing!

The GV occasionally turns off whilst in use due to movement of the pole. This seems to happen most frequently when working in a tight space. I am using a swivel as well which might be the reason. But this is not unmanageable.

I have had two superb days this week so far and today I was using both poles. So as I say, two very good products

I have a UV on my 25ft pole and a GV on my everyday pole (18ft) and my GV is from Gardiner's.My views on both are that they are both very good bits of kit and both have their strong points. They are also both not without their foibles.

The UV occasionally activates whilst I'm extending the pole leading to odd sprays of water which once or twice have gone through open windows. Embarrassing!

The GV occasionally turns off whilst in use due to movement of the pole. This seems to happen most frequently when working in a tight space. I am using a swivel as well which might be the reason. But this is not unmanageable.

I have had two superb days this week so far and today I was using both poles. So as I say, two very good products
Thanks for all the info mark.:thumbsup:

I can't work without the swivel, so useful. But I think I might try one of the gardiner valve for the price.

I currently use a cheap Chinese remote control, but occasionally it loses range especially if parked cars in way.

Lol I might even go the whole hog and get a univalve as well. (I was holding off buying univalve until gardiner valve came out to see what might suit my working methods best).

Thanks for all the info mark.:thumbsup:
I can't work without the swivel, so useful. But I think I might try one of the gardiner valve for the price.

I currently use a cheap Chinese remote control, but occasionally it loses range especially if parked cars in way.

Lol I might even go the whole hog and get a univalve as well. (I was holding off buying univalve until gardiner valve came out to see what might suit my working methods best).
Being able to operate it with both hands on the pole I find really helpful as I don't always have my hands near the base of the pole when I finish a window.

Re the swivel, I'm like you. I tried the GV without it when I first got mine last week and it was like having my elbow fused. Felt really awkward after having used one now for so long.

Back