Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Halfords

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I get phone calls almost every week from so say nationals & I tell them politely to **** off

iv not been paid for several halfords . been fobbed off by a scrotey coont

later today im gonna sing like a hot canary

Anything involving total contract facilities management I'd avoid like the plague, I used to have the contract for all the tesco stores in Chester UK they were the worst payers I've ever dealt with.

That sucks mate. Did you have any kind of formal contract written up? It might be a bit late on this one but you can have small print on quotes/invoices which add interest for every day/week the payment is overdue. It'll probably put residential customers off but at least with the big companies you'll have them under a barrel.

I've got the statutory rights printed on my quotes and invoices, they still refused to pay on time.
But did you state that interest would be added for late payments? If you did then I would think you would be within your rights to take them to court if they don't pay it, assuming its a reasonable amount of interest and not extortionate.

i took on doing 2 halfords after a windie who works for them contacted me on facebook . id read a few of his posts and he seemed ok. anyhow he pestered me to do em pronto said id get paid right away .

so muggins here did em pronto

the main contractor is Approved window cleaning , this is who i subbed from and who i sent dockets in to .

iv just posted about not being paid on the window cleaning uk facebook page and its caused a bit of a ruck. i dont care .

But did you state that interest would be added for late payments? If you did then I would think you would be within your rights to take them to court if they don't pay it, assuming its a reasonable amount of interest and not extortionate.
Yeah all the statutory rates 8%+ BoE Base rate, £40 for resubmission of invoice which I do on day 31. I've taken one company to small claims for unpaid invoices, won without representation as company refused to show, been paid some since.

That's one of the main reasons I'm not interested working for some lard **** sat in an office that does not want to pay me for my work. Mostly because they wait till they get paid before they pay any subcontractors so it don’t **** up their cash flow.

Back