Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Long Did It Take To Trust Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

only asking cause i have been using wfp for about 4-5months but still find myself spending too long at each window compared to more experienced lads. i am making improvements to my gear to give myself peace of mind mainly to my water treatment, just oredered another di vessel so it goes through one di as i fill my tank then my second di just polishes it so i'm expecting ooo on tds, i have never seen 000 but after being on here for last few days realised i'm on regenerated resin!!! a bag of tulision is on the way cheers lads the last few days have been very enlightening

Only been doing mates houses the ones that don't have windies they are like deep cleans take ages but good for practice do em every three months with trolley playing around with stuff finding top windows all come out great with little effort but the lower windows especially the sheltered ones spot wit h the same effort as the. Upstairs ones so find lower windows scrub twice as much have noticed tends to be the ones near the wood burning houses can't find any other similarities these are nelson and trawden areas and they haven't been cleaned in years not due back for a month to see how it compares the lower windows get the usual spiders and insects that could be part of it some semis some terraced

Still trying to convince myself with wfp as put enough money in to see results would say not as blown away by it all as I thought I should have been bit like yourself still don't think I would sell it to a custy as the greatest thing since sliced bread as their expectations could be too high defo makes the glass clearer when you do external and internal panes

When I started window licking I was adamant that I wouldnt go wfp but since ive been using it I love it .

If you have to go back and rinse again so be it usually after 2nd clean rhey will be spot on .

yep i agree to all above, but after last week i think i'm really starting to see the benefit of it now i did notice some spotting whilst collecting it was on a leaded fan just hoping that its still some sh*te yet to get fully washed out of the little nooks and crannys of the lead, luckily the custys aren't the type to notice lol

My own are leaded the spotting stops fairly quickly but if you look from inside where the leaded windows have been scrim ed up for years you get the grey staining at either side of the lead where the sh?te and soap builds up and was expecting pure water to strip this away when i began like some super cleaning agent but rest of widows look great

Have had the benefit of working in many different properties while the windies been working outside and had the luxury of lookin at the windows from inside after they are gone and the windows dried the quicker they seem with the pole the more spots I see some top frames look like they haven't been touched and are as black as the ace of spades but because they've done the slides and cills it really stands out I don't mention it and the custies mostly don't notice the bigger properties go mad about the water on the paths in the colder weather as theirs no salt left after others winge because there's too much salt and all the usual ones gates not shut he climbed over that fence why didn't he knock he's not done the one over the flat roof

the bigger properties go mad about the water on the paths in the colder weather as theirs no salt left after
when i 1st started with wfp i warned everyone about this and said to them if it bugs em i will go back trad, its been mentioned but not in a bad way, most of em just see it as i sign that i've been as for salt i wouldn't use wfp once it gets as cold as it its gonna be this week, you're talking serious claims-ville if some poor bugger slips on their doorstep as they step out of their door

Took me about 2-3 months to get used to waterfed pole work a few years ago but have never looked back since. Like any trade you have to learn how to do a job properly without taking shortcuts unlike what I call splash and dash merchants that give wfp a bad name. :rolleyes:

If you only use 000 ppm water and still get spotting/drip marks after the 2nd- 3rd regular 4 weekly/monthly clean then you need to work on your technique. Simples /emoticons/wink.png

It's just an insight from the custys point of view that I get to see hopefully we don't belong to a vast majority of these things

You will find spotting problems will be more often than not on hydrophobic glass.

This vid night help to understand how to overcome this problem?

huh whad'ya know i thought it was the other way round !!!!!! hopefully the gardiner brush will accept 2 sets like that brush cause i have a set of fans ready to go. also i have been putting up with 010 upwards water but really realise now that that is just not good enough hence getting another di vessel, outa interest even when the water is 010 and above is it still being deionised?

as for the flow rate, i run at 4 on my varistream, but have altered the pressure down to setting A from C it kept blowing the pipe off the reel in P, which really pi**ed me off when i had to walk back 100ft from someones back garden,

Hi kier dave from dmi can give you a really good explanation of all this as he builds alot of units up and sells em and as gathered a lot of feed back once you stop the pipe blowing off which is caused by the pump not shutting off with back pressure which you have adjusted with your a-c setting you should be able to either boost or up your numbered setting for flow rate have a copy of instructions somewhere will have to dig it out the pipe blowing off is very common on new set ups took me a while with the one on my trolley once set up just adjust flow or boost

No wonder you are having problems. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Over 10 ppm ,... You must be kidding /emoticons/ohmy.png

My harvested rainwater is lately only 15 ppm but I still put it through a filter system and di to make 000 ppm pure.

Same with my ro system that comes out at 2-5 ppm but again still use a di tank to polish it off.

when i 1st started with wfp i warned everyone about this and said to them if it bugs em i will go back trad' date=' its been mentioned but not in a bad way, most of em just see it as i sign that i've been as for salt i wouldn't use wfp once it gets as cold as it its gonna be this week, you're talking serious claims-ville if some poor bugger slips on their doorstep as they step out of their door[/quote']For me it's either clean with wfp or do without wages.. I aint climbing ladders if its frosty, never mind poor beggers slipping, thats what you got insurance for. I myself have only started wfp this year, took me about 3 months to get confident and get the technique. Although i had cleaned my own and my parents house a few times and this showed me how well the system works, but you sometimes wonder at customers windows, will they be ok? Only complaint I have had is 1 customer I done their door and the water leaked threw the letter box and soaked inside! People commenting saying, wow that's great machine, windows look cleaner, as long as you come every month i dont care how you clean them... this all helps too.. I only lost 1 customer changing over but he was replaced a few hours later by someone that wanted wfp. I find I'm speeding up each month I'm round. I upgraded my equipment to a carbon fibre pole and a tecbuk brush head and also got myself an aquadapter.. Again these have helped me speed up too.

Hey dude. It took me a few months to get into the swing of things. We know it's not rocket science but still there is a right way and a wrong way cleaning by wfp (just like traditional) however, it's all about the rinse. You have to take into consideration the state of the frames/wooden/upvc/metal how dirty the glass is.

No matter what, when rinsing, always keep the water below the frames, try to make sure your water flow isn't to high which might cause splash back from the frame/brickwork onto the glass which will/can cause spots on the glass when dried. You might have thought you have rinsed properly but you will have brought dirt back down again.

No one ever showed me how to use the wfp, only one chap who had been doing it for 8 years said to me, "It's all in the rinse, the better the rinse, the better the finish". That has always stuck with me, and over time Iv'e got my own way of cleaning windows/frames without any trouble. Make sure your water is 000, if you have the space and money invest in a 4040 set up.

Once you have gone back on your customers and cleaned them 3 or 4 times, you will be able to fly over the glass, as all the dirt will have gone from the frames/glass, if they have been cleaned and rinsed properly the times before. For example, a 3 bed council house (without extensions or con) should only take you 5-7 mins max to clean if cleaned well before hand. 3 bedroom semi with bay windows front and back will take me around 10 mins, I could do it quicker, but it's not all about speed, its about the quality too. Quality should never compromise speed....

Hope this helps a bit

Darran

You will find spotting problems will be more often than not on hydrophobic glass.
This vid night help to understand how to overcome this problem?

Guys never put your brush on a wall like this chap did in the video. You will get bits on your brush which can scratch the glass you are cleaning. Apart from that, good video. I must say though I never use fan jets always pencil and never have any issues.

I learnt wfp myself n its all about technique /emoticons/smile.png i remember first tym i used wfp on my 1st customer i was nervous but i was acting like ive done it for years to the customer lol

Back