Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filling A Backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Knoxy

Just had my new backpack delivered this morning so I fitted a tap to the bottom of my tank for a quick fill.

To turn it on you press the red switch, (obvisly) but you turn the dial under the steel strap under the red switch, I didnt know this and rang them up wondering why no water was coming out...

mine ain't as good as I thought it would be, it's got scratches all over it and the bag of nossles are smashed to bits, also there is a hole in the lid!!

Also when I filled it I went to put it on my back to try it out and the buckle snapped on the shoulder strap :angry:

mine ain't as good as I thought it would be, it's got scratches all over it and the bag of nossles are smashed to bits, also there is a hole in the lid!!
Thats what happens when stuff get imported from china lol. The one I bought was the same from a different place but still lol

Window cleaning wearhouse. What you do need to consider if you fi a tap like mine is the cost! It cost me £30 to buy the tap, fittings, length of hose and the right size dirll bit. As you can see in the video though it's fast and there is no pump involved.

Whenever I've used the yellow or orange backpacks, like the one in your video (I call them "suitcase backpacks" because of their shape with the molded handle on top) I just carry them by hand and stick them on the floor at the corner of the house while I work. The hose is long enough to reach and you don't kill your back in the process.

Previously to that, I had the more ergonomically shaped white ones with the blue lids (can't remember the make) and those I did used to wear on my back because they didn't really have much of a handle on the top for carrying them ... but that was a killer by the end of the day, the weight on your back, combined with leaning back to look up at what you're doing, and trying to control the pole when your shoulders are pulled back in the opposite direction ... hated it!

Good vid, informative, thanks! I didn't realise this method of filling would be so quick. At the moment I fill mine by taking the connector off the side of the hose reel and fill with the pump, takes 5 mins, a real pain. If you get some free time would you be able to list the bits used and where bought from?

Good vid, informative, thanks! I didn't realise this method of filling would be so quick. At the moment I fill mine by taking the connector off the side of the hose reel and fill with the pump, takes 5 mins, a real pain. If you get some free time would you be able to list the bits used and where bought from?
Sorry I don't have a clue what the bits are called, I just went to a local farm suppliers and told them I wanted that style of tap with all the fittings and the right size drill bit. Cost me £15 for the tap, hose and fittings, then another £15 for the circular drill bit and the drill bit it fits to.

i recommend 70psi minimum /emoticons/smile.png

but a 100psi SHURFLO is recommended /emoticons/smile.png

Back