To buy or not to buy? That is the question?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Feb 23, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I am in the process of trying to purchase a van mounted wfp system for our compact Citreon Nemo van. From my research I can only fit in a maximum tank capacity of 300l.
    Until today I was going ahead with Pure20 aka ionic who were going to install everything. I say today, as I'm not sure to proceed after receiving the worst customer service I have ever come across. This has put major doubt in my mind as to whether or not they are the best company to go to.
    Has anyone out there got a ionic system? Are they any good? If not what system do you have? What system would you recommend?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

2. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

I have an ionic pole lol
    Why dont you buy the bits you need a fit the system yourself. Its easy to do and will save u £££'s
    All available on ebay
  3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Id rather fit it all myself also

if u really need a cage for the tank u can buy them or get 1 made.

i worked with a ionics system last year 500liter tank which cost the guy few k
    no diffrance really to my 250litre kit i made tbh at a fraction of the price tho cost me under £800 :]
  4. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Not gone down the route of Van mounted systems yet coz I am still saving my pennies to get a van but got the Ionics catalogue and price list and had the fright of my can build something yourself for a fraction of the cost. Check this site out...........
  5. Thanks for the advice chaps but I'm not going down the DIY route. I don't have the spare time and need a system to be 110% reliable (not sure my DIY skills are that good!!). I'm fortunate enough to have the capital at the mo. Plus i'm hoping to be investing in a second system within a year or two and still want to be able to use the one in the Nemo. Could anyone suggest a good company to go with?
  6. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Just get in contact with some of the others first like cleaning spot, window cleaning warehouse and maybe look at talking to some local bespoke coach builders to see if they can give you an idea of fitting prices. It pays to shop around and Ionics aren't really the Rolls Royce of systems, just got good market saturation
  7. I have done a lot of research and have quotes coming out of my ear!! I was just curious and hoping to get some opinions from people using the systems, can't beat that feedback.
  8. ricoclay

ricoclay Guest

Very true mate............good luck with it. Kinda hoping I will get there one day
  9. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Whether or not a diy system is reliable has nothing to do with your diy skills as the only mechanical part, is the pump, and you wouldnt be building that, would you?!. As for time, with all the parts on site, you could have it fitted and ready to work less than a day morning!. Given the saving when going down the diy route, i'm sure you could afford a day off!. My 1st system was done by a company in broxburn. But after looking at, and working with the system and realising just how simple a wfp system was, i swore i'd never pay for some other company to do something my 14 year old son could put together!. So with my 2nd system, i did it all myself, it really is a piece of cake, if you want to ask about it in more details, pm me.
  10. mark m

mark m Hero

Feb 22, 2012
    So i could not persuade you with my video`s i did the lot for £300

I have heard that ionic stuff is very expensive two company's a lot of people seem to rave about are

I have not used purefreedom but i have a window cleaning warehouse trolley brillant at the end of the day they will be selling roughly the same stuff you could save 1000`s diy then you spend the money the poles which are the most important