Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Guttering Pricing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R

Rikki Down

Hi Folks, 

New Member Here,  Just wondering what people would charge for a simple clean out of these type of guttering.

Normally I charge £15 a side Inc facia clean.

On another note lately there seems to be bug going around that people think window cleaning or guttering should be a free service so won't pay much for either. I had a older couple complain that I was increasing their monthly window price from £5 to £6 :42_confused: .  Around my town the average price of cleaning a 3 bed house is £7. Then the other day I turn up at a customers to be given a leafet of window cleaning company offering a free annual guttering and facia clean as "good will gesture" hard enough making a living as is it.

_20170523_133254.JPG

Hello and welcome! I've a minimum price of £50 for gutter clearance and cleaning the external guttering and fascias is priced separately. Where are you based Rikki? 

Hi Cristian, I'm based in Gorleston in Norfolk. I literally just finished cleaning the gutters on the photo house, only swept some soot and rubbish into a bad so charged £20 for the half hours work. Think I should have a look at my pricing then as I think I'm working my butt off for pittance some days. 

The amount of Gutters I've cleaned that "were cleaned last year" that haven't been touched in years is probably half of all my new jobs. I know it's hard to lose jobs when you're struggling but at  the end of the day you are risking your life climbing ladders so shouldn't do it for nothing. It's also a very dirty job. 

Hi Folks, 
New Member Here,  Just wondering what people would charge for a simple clean out of these type of guttering.
Normally I charge £15 a side Inc facia clean.

On another note lately there seems to be bug going around that people think window cleaning or guttering should be a free service so won't pay much for either. I had a older couple complain that I was increasing their monthly window price from £5 to £6 /emoticons/42_confused.png.  Around my town the average price of cleaning a 3 bed house is £7. Then the other day I turn up at a customers to be given a leafet of window cleaning company offering a free annual guttering and facia clean as "good will gesture" hard enough making a living as is it.
View attachment 10240

Have you gave them a nice sample on the Rendering. Roof. Sills etc?
Bloody gold mine there [emoji12]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Why don't you base your pice on google price checker for gutter clearing? Last time I looked to clear a 3 bed semi in the North it was around 90 quid.. Thats how I base my price.

If people don't want to pay the going rate and there is someone offering it to do it free, thats great I walk away. There are plenty of people who will pay the going rate. 

BTW fascia cleaning is hard work and I certainly don't do that free. 

Why don't you base your pice on google price checker for gutter clearing? Last time I looked to clear a 3 bed semi in the North it was around 90 quid.. Thats how I base my price.

If people don't want to pay the going rate and there is someone offering it to do it free, thats great I walk away. There are plenty of people who will pay the going rate. 

BTW fascia cleaning is hard work and I certainly don't do that free. 

Exactly! Clear some gutters for free or sit in your garden and soak up the sun for free. Or clear some gutters for £50 or whatever or soak up the sun in your garden. 

Don't feel obliged to offer services for free, it undermines you as a professional cleaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best way to avoid low paying customers and the frustration that comes along with it is get busy, get more enquires and work than you can handle then you start not giving a flying sex word about getting the job or not.

Minimum price to empty any gutters is £50 then extra to clean plastics if that was plastic gutters and facias , soffits it would be a further £50 but will do both at the same time for £85 -£90 

Back