Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

possible RO problem???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave85

Hi guys the speed that my tank 350l fills up is painfully slow.Im living in a hard water area with a tds reading of 400ish [high i know] with a 300gpd REVERSE OSMOSIS RO UNIT and it is taking on average about 10 hours just to get about a quarter of a tank. im also getting ALOT of waste water. And just to add im on a water meeter. I know i only have a basic system but is this normal. Thanks.

Got the system from a guy who builds the wfp system for his company so it should be set up ( hopefully) the ro is brand new .also just checked the tds on the pure water in the tank and it's 00.7 which is a bit high isn't it?

I think Doug has made a good suggestion.

Waste to pure ratio should be about 3 to 1 (waste to pure) as you have a high TDS tap water. You might be able to get away with 2 to 1 but you will sacrifice longevity of your membranes. Make a note of the time it takes to fill a 1 litre jug with waste and do the same with the pure. Compare the results.

With a 3 to 1 ratio it should take 3 times longer to fill the jug with waste as it does pure.

Back