Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advise on buying new hose reels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

joe34

Hi I'm going to buy some new hose reels in a couple of weeks .at the moment I've got 2 100 metre 8mm hoses which I got with the k system I have in the van.but they are just about coming to the end of their life can anyone recommend any hoses that are easy to use ?is a 6mm hose easier to use and wind up after every job?

I was advised to use 8mm id as is less strain on pumps but guess 6mm as I've never used it myself could be a bit easier to use.

It's not that expensive to buy so maybe just get one 100 m length & new fittings and see how you get on with it. Then let use now how the two compare side by side :thumbsup:

6mm hose is a lot lighter and more manageable than 8mm. As for the extra strain on the pump, I don't think it's an issue. We have 2 100m reels running off 1 pump and the pump is over 4 years old

I went from years of using 8mm to 6mm & expected to have to run the pump harder. However, there was virtually no difference, I only had to knock the varistream up by one value on the pressure setting. The 6mm is lighter & easier to manage.

Latest Posts

Back