Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power cables

dave_m141

Power cable connects to house on corner where I need to get to to reach down one side as extension roof in way on that side.

What would you do?

Somthing like this you mean?

Close up of corner

View attachment 3344

Front aspect looking towards corner with cables on with front extention in the way.

View attachment 3345

Side aspect looking back down to front corner with cables on with a side extention in the way

View attachment 3346

That one was easy NOT but I managed to do it by guttervac without getting electrocuted.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry it was brief.was writing it quick as I have an extremely un supportive pArtner who thinks I'm sad for this forum!

Yes it was like that . Down the side I needed to reach was an extension with a really sloped roof. 1! Had no way to stand on it! The side I could of reached down with an extension pole had them cables attached. Right pain!

There was a metre long field growing in them to which was really obvious.

What I managed to do was position my ladder leaning on extension and using extension pole and pro gutter tool, .managed to hook the blockage and pull it out towArds me!

Glad you managed it in the end...well done :thumbsup:

The front on that one had alot of sods growing in the gutter run but I managed to break it up using a guttevac and suck it out in clumps.

The rear of the property which was L shaped the roof valley blocked too so I cleared that section using ladders.

View attachment 3350

Did one like in that picture a couple of weeks back, luckily I had plenty of room to stand back so I stuck two or maybe three I forget extra sections on the hoover pole and changed the end to the maximum angle and managed to hoover all of it out, was a pain though.

Those type of cables are insulated so the risk is quite low in getting a belt from one. However you do need to go extra careful not to touch them just incase and is a good idea to wear thick rubber gloves whilst playing with yer pole around them or you may end up with sticky up hair./emoticons/biggrin.png

Back