Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Christmas (messer) custy

J

Jacob

Arranged a clean for today 8am earlier this week with a new custy, never met her before, but could fit her in this morning. Text me now 30 min before saying can we skip it, its abit windy an rain drops are falling.

Told her sure we can skip it but can only fit in again after christmas. Got some few spots left right before, but these are for now reserved for my loyal good no messer custys. Dont wanna jump for a custy i have never met.

Maybe should have spotted her messing as she assumed i could come clean them the day she first phoned me, som ppl just think we wait for them to call.

But i had the final draw. Handled my first messer like they should be bacause i am no desperate for work /emoticons/biggrin.png

Had one today. She phoned about a week ago asking for a quote blah blah freekin blah. I look on google and text her a price (which was on the high side, but she reckoned her neighbours might need me too, so I say that if I pick some neighbours up I'd drop her price a bit). Ok and can you text me the night before you come please? Yes I'll text you the night before, I should be with you on Friday. I get a call yesterday asking if I'm still going and at what time. Err, sometime in the afternoon I say. Ooh I have meetings tomorrow and I have to be home when you clean. Just leave the gate unlocked and I'll crack on I say. No no no I have to be home, can you be more specific on time? Ok, after 1pm then I say. Ok great she says.

Get a text this morning at 9:39 "I will leave the windows today. My neighbour offered to do them for nothing. Thank you anyway." I texted back 'what a waste of my time!'

Should have seen it coming when she insisted on being home :confused:

Wot u should do Jacob, is make an appointment to clean them. Make it for whenever she wants. Then text 30 mins before you're due and cancel.

A messer that I did a first clean for about a year ago and subsequently declined all further cleans called me today asking could I clean it again as they are selling. Think it was about a £17 clean (first time doubled) last time, just text them the one off price for £60, hopefully that's put them off.

it really feels good to get one over a messer

the other day one such messaged me, im looking for a one off for the time being must be a few days before xmas

hey that address sounds familiar, 8 years ago when i was green this same person knocked me down to 8 quid on the phone AND then cancelled just hours before i was due

so now i sent a cheery reply " good afternoon, can do before xmas, the price is £40 .seasons greetings

it really feels good to get one over a messer
the other day one such messaged me, im looking for a one off for the time being must be a few days before xmas

hey that address sounds familiar, 8 years ago when i was green this same person knocked me down to 8 quid on the phone AND then cancelled just hours before i was due

so now i sent a cheery reply " good afternoon, can do before xmas, the price is £40 .seasons greetings
Shoulda done the Markyboy 50 one and book her in and cancel.

Shoulda done the Markyboy 50 one and book her in and cancel.
Thats the way I thought tht was going. Book her in on christmas eve, cancel, and then send message saying "I hope santa brings you some suds and a squeegee".:finger:

Neighbour offered to do em for nothing... No such thing as a free lunch lady, he'll be sniffing in yer knicker drawer

A messer that I did a first clean for about a year ago and subsequently declined all further cleans called me today asking could I clean it again as they are selling. Think it was about a £17 clean (first time doubled) last time, just text them the one off price for £60, hopefully that's put them off.

They could agree to your price and when you are done they could just tell you they have no money!

They could agree to your price and when you are done they could just tell you they have no money!
I'd already thought of that. I won't be cleaning unless at least one of them is present and I don't think they would want the aggravation that would surely follow from attempting to knock me.

Back