Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying a window cleaning round

sjwhite

Out of the blue today I had a text message from another window cleaning company offering to sell me 55 properties in my local area for £1800.

Monthly takings about £1100.

I am very interested but have never brought a round before.

Do I give them all the money and hope the work is genuine?

I understand their is some risk involved, but would like some sort of security before handing over that amount of money.

What's the normal process in buying a round?

Any help would be much appreciated

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

That seems to good to be true. A minimum of 4 times the value of the work would still be good value. Sometimes they go for 6 times the value.

If that's genuine and you need the work, its a bargain

thats very cheap, usually 3-5x monthly taking is the going rate. generally speaking the best way to hand over is to work the round together for one cycle, to introduce you to all the customers, and to make sure they are happy to switch to you. or alternatively to go meet them in the evenings or a selection of them so you can be introduced and make sure its all legit.

I'l sell you 100 houses bringing in £1300 every 4 weeks for £1000, you pay me and I will let you know where they are /emoticons/wink.png

Out of the blue today I had a text message from another window cleaning company offering to sell me 55 properties in my local area for £1800.Monthly takings about £1100.

I am very interested but have never brought a round before.

Do I give them all the money and hope the work is genuine?

I understand their is some risk involved, but would like some sort of security before handing over that amount of money.

What's the normal process in buying a round?

Any help would be much appreciated

When I bought my round, I worked with the current owner & was introduced to each customer...You could negotiate paying 50% upon hand over & 50% after first two cleans. I must say, my seller was a genuine guy & we had some laughs during the handover!

That's very cheap work sells for 4-12 cleans, depending on the work

You pay 50% upfront do the clean with them on a 50/50 split and then pay the remainder, with an agreement about drop outs

If they are desperate for the money hence the cheap price it would depend on your risk

I would snap his hand off if I knew the bloke etc

I agree with Steve Smith. I did the same when I got my round, I was shown around and introduced to all the customers so I knew it was genuine. Although I did have an advantage as my guy was retiring and I was just starting out so he just gave them to me! But definitely go round and get introduced and pay him for the ones who you meet and the rest once they have committed.

Sounds like it's just been canvassed to me and the buyer has pulled out.

You are in a great position because he needs to cut his losses and sell that work asap.

I would agree to it on the condition you do the first clean together and speak to as many custys as you can. Split the money 50/50 and only if you are happy agree to the purchase. If it's just been canvassed there will be drop offs so you can adjust your offer accordingly.

Tell him to take it or leave it, doesn't look like he's in a position to argue imo.

Back