Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump constantly running no water!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Simonside

View attachment 6245 Morning everyone! New to this forum and I am hoping if possible someone can solve my problem here!

I have recently installed a controller and pump to a 300 litre tank and the pump is forever running yet no water is coming out. Initially I was getting dead ends and upped the controller to 99psi to get rid of any airlocks but it was just trickling out of the hose. I fully extended the reel and the pole but with no joy. I took of the hose to the reel to check if water was coming out and same again - not much water. I checked all the hoses from the tank to the pump and they were all fine. I lowered the pump position and no joy there either. I've basically tried everything what has been adviced on here but nothing is working and now the pump is constantly running without any sign of water yet there are no leaks or anything. Very stuck here so would appreciate any advice given! I'll attach a photo of my system.

Many thanks.

View attachment 6246

In my experience this is a very common problem and is easily fixed.

Unscrew the connections which go OUT of the pump, turn the speed up to about 15, put your mouth over the fitting where the water comes out of the pump and basically suck through whatever is blocking it.

You will sense when things are clear by the noise and volume of water coming through.

The way round this long term is to clean, clean and keep cleaning everything to prevent any blockages............I would also move that pumps location down towards the bottom of the water tank so it's not having to work as hard.

Let us know how you get on.

is it a new setup??.it sounds like the pumps not priming- as you already know!!if it was me I would drop the pump down to were your pump box is,disconnect the controller.try sucking water through the outlet of the pump while its running to see if it comes through.ITS GO TO.

Unscrew the connections which go OUT of the pump, turn the speed up to about 15, put your mouth over the fitting where the water comes out of the pump and basically suck through whatever is blocking it.

You will sense when things are clear by the noise and volume of water coming through.

The way round this long term is to clean, clean and keep cleaning everything to prevent any blockages............I would also move that pumps location down towards the bottom of the water tank so it's not having to work as hard.

is it a new setup??.it sounds like the pumps not priming- as you already know!!if it was me I would drop the pump down to were your pump box is,disconnect the controller.try sucking water through the outlet of the pump while its running to see if it comes through.ITS GO TO.
Yes it is a new set-up. I will follow your advice and let you

i will try this and see how I get on. I feel the pump isn't sucking water but suppose it is trial and error! Thanks for the feedback.

Didn't quite finish there! Yes Mark it is a new set-up. I will suck it and see. I will let you know how I fair. Thanks.

Get that pump off from there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs to be as low as possible bud, to help with priming, pressure and DE.

Loving the wheel arch tank, i always fancied a pair of those lol. However i went out in a van with two and OMG never again.

Although you have fitted a strainer on the pump, it needs turning round, so the strainer is on the bottom, ie upside down. should be able to just spin it.

Liking the setup tho mate. Very cool.

I will lower the pump!! It is where it is for convenience!

Yeah cheers it's a smart system and really happy with it...we do new build cleaning so need as much storage as possible with hoovers, scrubber/drier machines etc.

Got the package from veritech systems from the Internet.

l need further advice people!!

There is water coming through but no pressure. The water coming through isn't coming out at speed like my other system. I have put it up to 99psi but the pressure is still poor. There are no leaks and I've even put a non return valve on.

I have lowered the pump too. Any further advice would be appreciated! Thank you.

Have you turned the strainer/filter round?

Have you run the pump flat out at 99 for some time?

Any kinks in the hose?

Have you reeled out the 100M hose to see if any kinks in there?

Have you disconnected the fitting onto the reel, to see the pressure BEFORE the reel?

What controller are you using?

Have you checked the voltage of the battery whilst running and before running of pump?

Back