Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Adhesive residue on tinted glass - help

Richie

Ok guys sink have just got an account for an art gallery that has tinted glass film on the inside, however on the gallery has had exhibitions and used sellotape etc to put stuff up . In a nut shell, there is lots of adhesive residue all over the glass on the inside (on top of the tinted film !!! )

Can I coutiously use a razor scraper and gently remove it or use rubbing alcohol?

Aside would be greatly appreciated

Sorry Richie@ i never noticed this thread before. Is the tint on the inside of the glass or in between the glass its self. I clean art gallery windows myself and the tint is in between the glass its to cut out the uv light from damageing the paintings. if its stuck on tint DO NOT use a scraper on it B&Q do a gum remover a gentel rub with that will get it off.

Tinted films for glass, both cars and shops etc are applied 'wet' using a healthy dollop of warm water and Fairy liquid.

Based on that we can assume that you can safely use Fairy with no detrimental effect to the tint.

I wish I could offer more help but this is a situation I have not incurred before.

My final advice would be to look up your local Window Tinting company and pick their brains for a minute.

If you find a good solution do please post it here as I would be more than happy to learn a new trick.

I'd be interested to know too. But one thing I would do is discuss the situation with the owner- remember it is them that put the tape/adhesive on the film and you can only do what you can do. Any work carried out from that point on should really be done with the cover of a disclaimer or else they could hold you liable even though they were the dumbarses that put the sticky stuff on the plastic.

You can use any detergent that is ok for cars or tfr on vinyl tint as it is the same stuff they use on car and van graphic

I would use tfr on a cloth then wash it off

Back