Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippa Tank Max Cabinet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@mark m. Am I understanding what this Grippa representative is saying correctly?

"..because you are creating an artifical heat within the cabinet it keeps the r/os warmer and the r/o will respond much better to the purfication process."

Creating an artifical heat within the cabinet will stop the water inside the r/o from freezing which will prevent damage to the membrane. A frost damaged membrane doesn't work. But I'm confused how warming the r/o area to just above freezing will better the purification process.

Surely its the temperature of the water coming into the r/o to be filtered that determines how efficiently the membrane will perform. It has nothing to do with the ambient temperature within the cabinet.

-

Another well thought out product from grippatank.
A bit early to be drawing that conclusion @Gilly.

An enclosed heated cabinet is a good idea and works. I have a wooden cabinet in my garage on the wall with a 230v tube heater on a thermostat with all my r/o stuff in it. The tube heater is set to switch on at 10 degrees and it switches off a little above that.

@Damo also has his r/o in an insulated cabinet - don't know if its warmed or not.

The questions that will be answered in time will be around the artifical warming of the cabinet. How much current will the fan assisted heater use? How much more current will the heater draw during very cold spells? etc. Battery recharging is going to be another issue.

-

also consider the thick walls of the 40/40 it would take some considerable heat to make a difference to the membrane,also the heat lost during the water passing through the ro and the need to replenish that lost heat.

i can't see the logic either

heat tracing would be more efficient

@spruce maybe I'm being to quick to judge it correctly but past experience with grippatank and their knowledge of battery's and wiring leads me to believe this is a well thought out idea, but I could be wrong.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

also consider the thick walls of the 40/40 it would take some considerable heat to make a difference to the membrane,also the heat lost during the water passing through the ro and the need to replenish that lost heat.i can't see the logic either

heat tracing would be more efficient
I know of a windie who does that although his r/o is indoors.

i got there latest catalogue and it explains about lots of new products but nothing about this so I cant help you sorry but I am sure Grippa will be answering questions very shortly

My cabinet works very well indeed. I wanted an 80W but happy with it for this year.

This caninet looks good but doubt I can fit it onto mine.

The top storage boxes are interesting but my storage pod is better /emoticons/smile.png

Back