Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Double Glazing Salesman Starting Window Cleaning Round

hi smurf sorry if its not clear

for the next couple of months i will do my own canvassing

sub the work out to guys that will use my van and pay them per job i havent really worked out a % yet (window cleaners)

if or when i take on people to canvass along side me i will pay them what ever the first clean costs

i will take the customers details from the canvasser and phone them to confirm they are happy and just to go through what he has priced up! (how many windows)

i might charge £1.25 per window to make the numbers work

ile pay them but do a kind of claw back on jobs that dont go on or are not feasable

what i mean is if i pay a canvasser for a job that has been priced wrong or the customer changes there mind i will take the money out of the canvassers next bit of dough as because they are on commission they will inevitably be a little bit pushy so not 100% of the jobs will be good ones!

i hope ive made it a bit easier to understand, if you can see any flaws it will be helpfull as im a newbee really

clever stuff but you need to break it down and explain a bit better!. two paragraghs, one for window cleaning and one for window fitting not intertwining the two thats why some people don't understand
sorry mate ive tried to break it down a bit, my brain is on overdrive half the time so if i dont get down i lose it lol

hi smurf sorry if its not clear

for the next couple of months i will do my own canvassing

sub the work out to guys that will use my van and pay them per job i havent really worked out a % yet (window cleaners)

if or when i take on people to canvass along side me i will pay them what ever the first clean costs

i will take the customers details from the canvasser and phone them to confirm they are happy and just to go through what he has priced up! (how many windows)

i might charge £1.25 per window to make the numbers work

ile pay them but do a kind of claw back on jobs that dont go on or are not feasable

what i mean is if i pay a canvasser for a job that has been priced wrong or the customer changes there mind i will take the money out of the canvassers next bit of dough as because they are on commission they will inevitably be a little bit pushy so not 100% of the jobs will be good ones!

i hope ive made it a bit easier to understand, if you can see any flaws it will be helpfull as im a newbee really
ive just re read this and im sorry if it comes across a bit patronising :mellow:

Simple I guess. .what ever works I suppose. .

I use a diary for just rounds another for any bookings this would also cover canvassing. .if I did any..lol.

I don't do canvassing either goldoak as I'm far too lazy /emoticons/biggrin.png Nice website by the way /emoticons/wink.png

Lol tell me bout it..

Cheers it does get me a lot of work as its seo regularly which I pay for..get around 6 calls a week

Thats enough believe it or not. .

Nice one,...can't beat a good website to generate extra work & recommendations to keep busy with I say. /emoticons/wink.png

it was ******* down this morning but i got out there inbetween showers, i got 7 new jobs totaling £73 and got chatting to a window cleamer and brought a 650L upright baffled water tank that he had in his garage brand new £50! result

Bargin that haha...im in middle of making a 100 lt ibc trailer jet washer....good tanks all round..
i know i was just looking on ebay and used ones are goin for 80 and they havent finished bidding

it was ******* down this morning but i got out there inbetween showers, i got 7 new jobs totaling £73 and got chatting to a window cleamer and brought a 650L upright baffled water tank that he had in his garage brand new £50! result
not bad

hi all i couldnt get out yesterday unfortunatly, but i knocked a bungalow estate today quite a large percentage had a window cleaner most of them had two 5 segment bay windows at the front and around 6 windows and french doors an also main doors and some guy is charging £5 or £6 i suppose if he has most of the estate he can still earn afew quid but it just seems to cheap!!

You will come across window cleaners charging less all the time so time to upsell on the quality of service you offer. Simples /emoticons/wink.png

your right smurf, im not into robbing anyones livleyhood so even if i find an area where they are being charged top wack im not going to start having a dutch auction esspecially on domestic cleaning, maybe on the commercial side im gonna be a bit more ruthless!#

There is still plenty of profitable work about,... the hardest part is finding it in the first place but with perseverance & a bit of luck it will come /emoticons/wink.png

Back