Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The Key To Canvassing?

i know your only starting but in time its a great selling point to show the customer some before and after pics of your work especially on facia and soffit connys etc ,since last week ive picked up 14 facia and soffit cleans and its all down to the pics

i know your only starting but in time its a great selling point to show the customer some before and after pics of your work especially on facia and soffit connys etc ,since last week ive picked up 14 facia and soffit cleans and its all down to the pics
Thats very good that mate

Just a word of warning, when you do a street and get loads of no's, then get to price up a house and the owner says yes. When you've priced the back up and are heading out the gate, don't do a victory dance because the customer will still be behind you to lock the gate. I still find it quite embarrassing 4 months later!
When you get a whole street of "no" and one who says Oh yes I have been looking for a window cleaner for ages don't you just wonder why? You still do them, of course you do

Let me give you my best tip. Deliver a leaflet about two days before so that when you knock you can say "Oh hello, I left a leaflet about window cleaning a couple of days ago" With that sort of tone like you are asking a question

That saves you going through a long scpeel about "Hello, I am the local window cleaner.......blah blah blah" two hundred times over every night till it sounds mental to you.

Then they just say no (99% of the time) and you are gone. Unless you choose to use my closing line "No? Fancy a shag instead? Still no? Oh well sorry to have disturbed you. My mate Steve would actually have said that

This topic has digressed a little but I think it's a really interesting point to ask.

I feel like I've got my head in the game now and I'm going to start canvassing for more work. I'm going to post leaflets and then knock a day later and see if anyone's interested.

Do you guys keep a long of which doors you've knocked? And how do you guys work out which areas you wish to target?

Why make it long and say i am the local window cleaner so n so??? Just knock n sayy hiiya would u like a window cleaner?? Simple and easy !!

you need to keep it short and sweet, yes, but at the same time you need to make the most of every door you knock on, for me, just saying, hi, would you like a window cleaner?' would get me a lot of no's, compared to if i can get a couple of sentances out and start a convo,

Back